KB21

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

josh is NOT a sg

jeez

they did that ONLY to get him pt w/toine/al on the roster...

he is NOT a sg

and his body is closer to kemp/amare/swift/al/toine than artest

he's a pf who makes up for being 6'9 (same size as brand/kmart/amare/swift/al/toine/etc) with his length and his jump...he blocked kg's height-of-jump shot face to face by outjumping kg by 5"

oh, i almost forgot

the team's defense will suffer if smoove is sf instead of pf...

watching the games last year, didn't u see the MANY MANY times when smoove would leave his sf man on the perimeter to come get the block and the man would just dish it out to the sf who would shoot the trey?

if he plays sf, he can't get as many blocks or play help defense nearly as much w/out leaving a man open on the perimeter (even worse if he's a sg)

if he plays pf, he will be in much better position to get those blocks and won't be caught leaving his man open so often, thus making our overall team defense much better

and btw, he could technically play c against many teams, as swift/amare do it...i'm not saying we should do that, but my point is that he's closer to that than sg

Unless I see something different this season, putting either Smoove or Marvin at PF is a compromise. We can win with one of them at PF, but it's somewhat of a compromise.

Every team in the NBA makes a compromise with their personnel. Phoenix played one position smaller in their frontcourt. They had a SG, SF, and PF playing SF, PF, and C. Some teams don't have a true PG.

I don't think Marvin or Smoove are traditional PFs, but they can get the . To me a true PF could fill in at center if need be. For example: Rasheed, Duncan, KG, Amare, Karl Malone, Kurt Thomas. I don't think Marvin or Smoove could fill in at center, but they could work out at PF.

What the Hawks need is a backup PF that can rebound and guard bigger PFs. Perhaps Ekezie could play that role initially.