• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just Heard on 790 ........

Wurider05

Quote:

Next of all, 20/8 big man is not worth a max contract any

way even if he does play center...ESP when he isn't a good

defensive player.

I'm not saying Curry is worth a max contract, but a 20/8 center is a good candidate for one. If max contracts are so hard for teams to pay, then how come Phoenix is considering dishing a fourth one out?

The teams willing to pay to win will go over the cap and pay the luxury tax. I have no reason to expect for this to change. The only other way to win is by having a top 3 player in the league who is forced to make less than what he's worth, a max contract.

The owners set the max contract at a level that is easy for them to pay. It's so easy that a team could pay four players that contract. Dallas has proven that even if you are considerably over the cap you can win and trade players every year.

Quote:

Quote:

Next of all, 20/8 big man is not worth a max contract any

way even if he does play center...ESP when he isn't a good

defensive player.

I'm not saying Curry is worth a max contract, but a 20/8 center is a good candidate for one. If max contracts are so hard for teams to pay, then how come Phoenix is considering dishing a fourth one out?

The teams willing to pay to win will go over the cap and pay the luxury tax. I have no reason to expect for this to change. The only other way to win is by having a top 3 player in the league who is forced to make less than what he's worth, a max contract.

The owners set the max contract at a level that is easy for them to pay. It's so easy that a team could pay four players that contract. Dallas has proven that even if you are considerably over the cap you can win and trade players every year.

Well, the Suns are likely going to regret one or two

of those I'm sure....Sure Nash had a great year, but

how long is he a max player for? 5 more years? He is

34 already. You really believe they aren't going to

regret that contract sooner or later? ESP if they

don't win a title?

I don't care who is going to pay the tax and who isn't.

He isn't worth the money. Players that are lazy don't

usally win titles. Get it?

My bad... He only looks like he is that old. He will

be nearly 32 by the time the allstar break and even

in his prime he seems to have nagging problems(back

problems was it?) and he only plays about 33MPG now.

Just wait til he is about 36 years old and the back

problems get worse. That big contract will not look

as good.

You could very well be right about Curry. Still, I'm tired of people being against signing whoever we have an opportunity to sign. To this board no one is worth paying for, and everybody gets excited about signing Gadzuric or Stromile Swift to a reasonable contract. Meanwhile Cleveland is willing to overpay for their stars. We'll see who has the better strategy.

Cleveland has Labron James (Who they probably will lose)

so it really isn't fair is it? Of course they are going

to win more games.

"everybody gets excited about signing Gadzuric or Stromile Swift"

I'd take Dan but Swift doesn't do that much for me.

Why Gad is a good rebounder and a pretty good shot

blocker and I think he fits more what the Hawks are

trying to do than Curry does.

Say what you want to about Curry, but if fat and lazy guy can be a top 5 scoring center how come we don't see more fat lazy seven footer scoring 35 points in a game?

Curry doesn't score from hitting 3 pointers like Sam Perkins did, or even 18 foot turn arounds like Olajuwon, Ewing, or Duncan. He scores from inside the paint, and he's one of the best in the league. Very few 7 footers can put up like he can.

Gadzuric will never be able to do what Curry does. At 22 I would be willing to sign him and see how it goes. At worst you have one of the best inside scorers in the league, and that does a lot for a team.

Quote:

Say what you want to about Curry, but if fat and lazy guy can be a top 5 scoring center how come we don't see more fat lazy seven footer scoring 35 points in a game?

Curry doesn't score from hitting 3 pointers like Sam Perkins did, or even 18 foot turn arounds like Olajuwon, Ewing, or Duncan. He scores from inside the paint, and he's one of the best in the league. Very few 7 footers can put up like he can.

Gadzuric will never be able to do what Curry does. At 22 I would be willing to sign him and see how it goes. At worst you have one of the best inside scorers in the league, and that does a lot for a team.

Just because the center spot is weak doesn't mean he is

worth the money. I'd rather have a player at center that

is a good rebounder, good shot blocker, and decent

defensive player over a guy that doesn't nothing but

score. And at 16PPG it isn't like he lights it up anyway.

He hasn't proven to be the "beast" on offense that some

claim. Really 16PPG doesn't backup that claim.

Some of you never learn do you? Signing underachiever is

a big mistake.

Curry is at least 5 years away from his prime and he's already one of the best low post scoring Centers in the league. Yes, his defense and rebounding need to improve but I think he has a FAR better chance of being a 20/10 guy than Dalembert, Chandler or Brown.

People who call him fat obviously did see him toward the end of last season. I went to a Hawks/Bulls game last January and I sat two rows from the floor and that dude is NOT fat. He's BIG, but he's not fat. He's also VERY agile for a guy his size and he would have NO problem playing on an uptempo team. Heck, the Bulls ARE an uptempo team.

I'd take Curry in a heartbeat. Actually, my pipe dream involves us landing Curry, Joe Johnson AND Kwame Brown (preferably w/out giving up Big Al but I'd give him up if I had to).

Curry/Collier

Harrington/Brown

Smoove/Williams

Johnson/Chillz/Delk

Diaw/Stoudamire

I'd try to find one more big who can rebound and defend for the minimum to fill out the active roster. D. Smith and Ivey would likely be inactive and possibly sent down to the NBDL per the new CBA rules.

If Diaw, Stoudamire (or Johnson) can't play the PG, I'd get a stop gap PG (resign Lue?) but I'd be looking to address the PG position next year via draft. If Diaw or Johnson COULD play the PG, we might surprise a LOT of people next year.

I think that is a roster LOADED with young talent/potential. Who knows what combo would eventually click as starters but I drool over what a potential Curry/Brown/Williams/Johnson/Stoudamire lineup could do offensively. How could you defend all those guys? Then, come back and hit them with an athletic lineup of Brown/Harrington/Smoove/Chillz/Diaw. Ah, what a fantasy!

Quote:

Curry is at least 5 years away from his prime and he's already one of the best low post scoring Centers in the league. Yes, his defense and rebounding need to improve but I think he has a FAR better chance of being a 20/10 guy than Dalembert, Chandler or Brown.

People who call him fat obviously did see him toward the end of last season. I went to a Hawks/Bulls game last January and I sat two rows from the floor and that dude is NOT fat. He's BIG, but he's not fat. He's also VERY agile for a guy his size and he would have NO problem playing on an uptempo team. Heck, the Bulls ARE an uptempo team.

I'd take Curry in a heartbeat. Actually, my pipe dream involves us landing Curry, Joe Johnson AND Kwame Brown (preferably w/out giving up Big Al but I'd give him up if I had to).

Curry/Collier

Harrington/Brown

Smoove/Williams

Johnson/Chillz/Delk

Diaw/Stoudamire

I'd try to find one more big who can rebound and defend for the minimum to fill out the active roster. D. Smith and Ivey would likely be inactive and possibly sent down to the NBDL per the new CBA rules.

If Diaw, Stoudamire (or Johnson) can't play the PG, I'd get a stop gap PG (resign Lue?) but I'd be looking to address the PG position next year via draft. If Diaw or Johnson COULD play the PG, we might surprise a LOT of people next year.

I think that is a roster LOADED with young talent/potential. Who knows what combo would eventually click as starters but I drool over what a potential Curry/Brown/Williams/Johnson/Stoudamire lineup could do offensively. How could you defend all those guys? Then, come back and hit them with an athletic lineup of Brown/Harrington/Smoove/Chillz/Diaw. Ah, what a fantasy!

Your point is understood. However, this franchise has

had a boatload of underachievers over the years and

they haven't worked... Regardless of what you say for

Curry and Brown they ARE underachievers. Regardless of

what COULD be possible.... It hasn't happend yet has

it?

"I'd try to find one more big who can rebound and defend for the minimum to fill out the active roster. "

You need somebody that can rebound and defend in the

starting lineup more than you do the bench. When was

the last team to win a title without a 10RPG type

player in the starting lineup?

You can drool all you want to... but it doesn't change

anything.