• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk season tickets?

Final_quest

Does anyone think we can figure out a way to get season tickets to share with several board members?

If we got two seats at the $199 price, and shared between 8-10 members it would be $40-50 a piece. It could be a great way to meet other members, or I'm sure we could work it out to where you could bring a friend of your own.

I work full time and I'm in graduate school so I don't have time or money to go to all the games, but I could see myself going to 10-15 games.

I'm in grad school too and shelled out for a season ticket. I talked a buddy into getting one too. Should be a fun season to watch if nothing else. If anyone gets the cheap season tickets, let me know before the season starts and we can meet up or something. I'm in section 304, though I'll be trying to move closer whenever I can...

Quote:

SPeaking of other board members, has anyone ever met Diesel before?

I was wondering just yesterday what the enigmatic Diesel must be like.. how old he is, what he looks like, what he sounds like in person. My guess is that he would be an AMAZING person to meet!

This is starting to get funny. Someone go ahead and start the fan club and let's get this over with. Why is anybody wondering about Diesel? He doesn't play for the Hawks. I mean really. I know you being sarcastic Doc but this is getting out of hand.

Quote:

He is indeed an enigma, with a bit of God-complex. In fact, the fact that we are discussing him can't be good for his ever-burgeoning ego.

Ego? What ever would give you that idea? Dr. Zachary doesn't know anything about egos. Dr. Zachary thinks Diesel is quite humble.

Quote:

This is starting to get funny. Someone go ahead and start the fan club and let's get this over with. Why is anybody wondering about Diesel? He doesn't play for the Hawks. I mean really. I know you being sarcastic Doc but this is getting out of hand.

Dr. Zachary is in no way, shape or form, being sarcastic. Even if Dr. Zachary was, Dr. Zachary would have to rename sarcasm "Zarcasmo!"

Quote:

I love the idea. I was going to get 2 of the $199 packages myself, but splitting them a few ways would be ideal.

Scott

Cool we'll see how much interest there is and then figure out how money tickets we want to buy. If not enough people want in, I might just offer to buy some from you and Lascar. Surely we can at least find enough people on the board to buy two seats.

I've been to Philips only a couple of times, but from my experience, there isn't a bad view in the arena.

The last game I went to was in December of 2000, when the Hawks played the Knicks. I was in a section that had an overhang, but it was still a pretty good view. At least on the overhang, they had TV monitors that updated you on who had the most points, rebounds, assists, etc.

Anyone else interested in buying in for tickets?

Even if we had one person willing to buy in we could make it work. Skaughty bee could buy a half season at two seats for $199. I would buy a 1/4 season at $100, and one more person to go for the rest of the season.

Quote:

I've been to Philips only a couple of times, but from my experience, there isn't a bad view in the arena.

Exactly. We have one of the best arenas in the league.

I usually get the $55 tickets that college students can get for $30, but I figure going to every single home game is much more worth it to me than going to 6-7 games with better seats.

Maybe I can get to know an usher and figure out a way to sit closer too...

I've had real good luck with ebay. Since the Hawks only sell single game tickets on the floor to the season ticket holders, I've bought some lower level seats off ebay for as little $50 a piece. The last time I went, I bought 4 tickets right behind the basket for $135.