• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks flow chart for next 2 weeks.

parvezf

I believe that Billy Knight's step by step course of action for the next 2 weeks is now coming into focus. For the moment let us assume that the Dalembert rumors of re-signing with the Sixers are premature. Here is the flowchart.

1) Offer max contracts to Dalembert and Johnson on day 1 (7/22). I think it is 60/40 for Johnson signing with us based on the most recent rumors. And, if Dalembert has not already agreed to resign, it sounds like he will certainly resign with the Sixers when they match our offer. If they don't match, then we're set with JJ and Daly.

2) This next step is tricky. I believe that if Daly is matched by Philly, then a max offer is given to Chandler. Chandler is even more of a lock to be matched by Chicago than Daly is by Philly, so this would be done really to paint Chicago into a corner with their payroll and loosen their grip on Curry. Now, there would also be a danger of pissing Paxson off and making them more surly in discussions regarding a sign-and-trade regarding Curry (of course BK is surly all the time so who cares!) So, what could happen in reality is that the possibility of giving a max offer to Chandler could be held in reserve by BK as a bargaining chip to accerate the discussions with Chicago for a SNT for Curry. And, this step could possibly take place INSTEAD of offering Daly the max (if BK is certain that Daly is going back to Philly), and could even be settled by the weekend of July 23/24, likely leading to the oft-mentioned Harrington-for-Curry.

3) Finally, if Harrington-for-Curry goes through, then, as alluded to by Dolfan in an earlier post, I would look for BK to swoop in on his old friend Stromile Swift, for a salary starting a little more than the the exception, likely $7 mill, to play PF and back-up center. He would provided the pieces that are currently missing in Curry's game: shotblocking and rebounding. You then let MWill and Swift fight it out for the starting 4 spot, but both of them can play 2 positions (a BK requirement) so they both get loads of minutes either way.

4) If JJ goes back to Phoenix it's a bit murkier, as I'm not enamored with any of the other PG options out there. I don't want another "can't shoot" PG in Earl Watson or even Marko Jaric. I would almost settle for the trio of Stoudamire,Diaw,and Ivey ahead of blowing bucks on other people's question marks. If JJ doesn't come, then I'm at a loss. Hopefully BK has a nifty trick up his sleeve.

So, we hopefully end up with the following:

PG - JJ, Stoudamire

SG - Chillz, Diaw

SF - Smoove

PF - Swift, MWill

C - Curry, (Swift), JCollier

Personally, I would send Ivey and DSmith to the NBDL (provided we got JJ) to develop. And if JJ doesn't come, then try again for a PG next year, either through the draft (Sergio Rodriguez, Ronnie Brewer, Daniel Gibson, or Mardy Collins) or free agency (?).

I would also re-sign Tom Gugliotta as back-up SF (he can shoot) and Kevin Willis as back-up PF (he can mentor). And, maybe, just maybe, that knuckle-head Randolph Morris still ends up here!

Great board guys! Keep up the love!

Par

Dalembert. That being said, if Curry can be had for a 5 yr deal starting at $8M-10M as I have seen reported, I say forget Chandler and Dalembert altogether and go all out for Curry. If we split the difference and start Curry at $9M a season, that would be a 5 yr/$54M deal. I'd rather have Curry for that than Chandler at the max and I'd MUCH rather have Curry for that than Dalembert at ANYWHERE NEAR the max.

I agree with your point that we may have to throw a big offer to Chandler in order to loosen the Bulls' hold on Curry a little. I don't believe they will match a max offer to Chandler AND a big offer to Curry but I could see us working out some kind of sign and trade.

As for Joe Johnson, I say go for it. We need to land a quality FA (preferably two) this year to show teams that players will come here.

I'd hate to see Kevin Willis as our back-up power forward, and I'd only resign him, if we have no one else to seek out. I'd perfer resigning Kevin Willis to a 1 year deal, instead of trying to waste money on a guy for 3 years that most likely wont mount to anything.

I also think it's a lock for Dalembert to resign with Philly, because now he pretty much knows he's going to be the starter, and he has a better coach. I don't see Philly letting him go, so they are just going to have to make room for his contract, because if they don't, they wont win. Iverson and Webber aren't enough to carry the team into the playoffs.

Also I've yet to hear anything about Kyle Korver, but he will most likely be matched, unless a team offers up a pretty fat salary to him. I'd like to have Korver on the Hawks, because he would provide us with some much needed 3's, and he's a pure shooter. I would give him alot of minutes off the bench, and have him as our 6th man.

Very good post, welcome to have you, and hope you don't become a stranger.

Welcome to the board smile.gif

I agree with Traceman that I'd rather have Curry at 8 million over Chandler or Daly at 12 million. However, if we can't get a deal done for Curry, I think we're looking at having to offer the max to Daly(1st) & Chandler to procure some interior defense. If Jason Collier is our starting center on opening night this season, I will puke in my hat.

Welcome to the board. I tend to agree with the other post which suggest that we just focus our efforts on Curry. I suspect it will take a near max deal to land Chandler, therefore it is possible the Bulls will be hog tided anyway and cannot match a lofty deal for Curry.

I think the "talk" by Paxson of being committed to resigning Curry is bogus.

The one problem with your flow chart is that Harrington probably want be traded. I have heard the Hawks management say there not interested in trading Harrington, because he is 25 and still improving.

Thou, I think it would be beneficial to trade Harrrington, if that is the only way to get Curry. I think we will be able to sign him away without offering Harrington.

First of all, great to have another poster !! laugh.gif

Why worry about playing minutes? Remember, over the

season, the Hawks usually end up with a key player

or two out for many days & games, due to injuries.

Why think that this season will be any different? It

will happen. Count on it.

From the looks of things already, Hawks may be trying out

a bunch of players we don't know too much about, but

may be playing themselves into a spot on our minor league

NBDL team. If this idea works out, I think it will be

great for the NBA.

Just think, our own players, playing all the time, getting

experience and just chomping at the bits to get a shot

at making the big league team at any given time.

THINGS SHOULD BE INTERESTING BETWEEN NOW AND THE TIPOFF

OF THE REGULAR SEASON!!

Again, welcome aboard !!!!!

cool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

Great post and welcome aboard! I have to agree with most everyone else on this. For 8-9mill 1st year money, Curry will be the big we go hard after. And JJ for the max. Probably not both on the same day but definetely the 1st week.

Next week is going to be a blast watching to see how all this plays out.

I'm not really sold on the Joe Johnson thing but thats why I am not getting paid to do the thinking. I think Curry is our guy honestly.

I see our lineup looking like

Joe Johnson

Childress

Josh Smith

Harrington

Curry

with a bench of Marvin, Salim, Diaw, Ivey, and probably another back up point and center.