• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Things going for us..and a few questions

tmac13

We really have Chicago and Phoenix by the shorthairs..If Chicago doesn't play nice and give us Curry in SNT for Al, we are in a position to force Chicago to pay both Chandler and Curry the max when they really don't think either is worth it..It could mean the difference between them paying Chandler 55 or 60 million over 6 years or paying him closer to 80 million over 6 years..20 plus million dollars is alot of money even to the super rich. If we offer Joe Johnson the max, we force Phoenix to either regroup and rebuild their team or go into financial dire straights...Of course, if both teams match we will take little solice that we made them spend their money as we are losing by 30 to them.

Why do we think Joe can play the point when Phoenix didn't think he could..Don't they know him better than us?

Why haven't we at least heard a whisper of any other point guard prospect or center prospect visiting Atlanta?..If we strike out on Johnson and Curry we might be in trouble..

Why no mention of Swift?..If we had Swift playing defense and rebounding on the interior it might allow us to get away with a guy like Collier at center..If Collier wasn't such a defensive liability he is actually a decent offensive center..

Like I said below..Look at his numbers compared to Al's..They are basically identical per minutes played..I agree he is horrible defensively, but if we had a defensive 4 we could probably get away with him there.Averaging 5.6 points in 13 minutes a game is pretty good.

Quote:

Like I said below..Look at his numbers compared to Al's..They are basically identical per minutes played..I agree he is horrible defensively, but if we had a defensive 4 we could probably get away with him there.Averaging 5.6 points in 13 minutes a game is pretty good.

I would like to see more production out of that position. Defensively he is not up to par and I think that is a major weakness of his. If he can d-up maybe this entire discussion is moot, but I am not comfortable entering the new season with Collier as the workhorse at Center, I believe we should upgrade his position and bring him off the bench.

People were dogging me out because I like the idea of getting Swift especially if we get no other big man. Swift can play great D and is a good rebounder. Most of the people on here think a all-star/mvp type is just gonna come to ATL because we have cap umm I don't think thats the case. You can't have a bunch of players who do the same [censored]. Josh Smith and Swift are roughly the same height but swift is definately stronger than Smoove. Swift can bang it down low and isn't nearly as soft as Al. So sign Swift cheap and let him grab bourds and D up at the 4/5. You say height blah blah BS 6'6 BS he can't play the 5. Umm isn't Ben Wallace like barely 6'8? Diffrence in these two guy's compared to other's. Both have some of the quickest up's in the league.

Swift and Smoove would put so many highlights on ESPN plus I think adding a guy like Stro would give us some better chemistry.

just because Phoenix was able to sign Nash doesn't mean they didn't think JJ could play the point. Obviously, they thought Nash could play PG BETTER than JJ, but they still played JJ at PG a lot as Nash's backup. Seeing as how Nash was league MVP, if I were JJ, I certainly wouldn't take that as an insult!