• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Not the answer...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I've been lurking for a couple of days... Just reading the thoughts of Hawksquawk... Dally vs. Curry... JJ.. Etc.

I think our main issue right now should be gettting a PG (Period). We're sitting around letting all these PGs go other ways and we are content to let Diaw, Salim, Ivey, or JJ be the PG for next year when none of them will be good at getting everyone involved.

I think we are dropping the Ball.

In short, I think before we waste a lot of money on Dally or Curry, we should pick up a solid guy like Zsa Zsa and then go shopping for a good PG.

Still out there are Daniels, Jaric, Damon Jones, and Damon Stoudamire.

We need one of those guys.

I fear that Daniels is going to Utah. I feat that Jaric is going to Minny. I would rather have Stoudamire than Jones... But we have to do something.

I really feel we blew it in the draft. MWill will have to do more to prove that we didn't but I would still rather have Deron or Paul right now...

damon isn't a solution for our future

if we can't get a long-term solution at pg, then it shouldn't be a priority to get yet another stop-gap pg...there are always those around and we aren't pushing for playoffs right now anyway...we are rebuilding for long term and mighty mouse will not be so mighty in 4 years when we wanna start thinking of contending

• Premium Member

Damon is not a solution to our future..

But neither is overpaying guys like Dally, Curry...

Have you actually used 1 brain cell on what you're saying... You're saying paying these mediocre talents a Max contract... Their not worthy. And they are not worthy of putting Al in the mix for them either.

I say we make getting a PG a top priority so that our young guys can learn the game. Woody is a good defensive mind but he doesn't have a clue offensively. Did you see the sets we ran all last year?

Get an experienced PG in here and mature these guys... Look for the right PG...

Save the money..

Get a C/PG when the right ones come around...

I bet that if someone wanted to search, they could find multiple posts where you condone giving max contracts to Curry, Chandler, and Dalembert at some point. And please oh please dont get anyone searching on how many trade Al for garbage posts you have made since he got here.

My vote's for Earl Watson. Inexpensive and young, and with the right opportunity he could flourish as a starting PG. If he's no better than a stop gap guy for a year, he'll at least be an improvement on what we have, and he could platoon with the other less natural point guards on the team.

I agree that this is a huge need for us. I disagree that Deron or Paul would have been the end all be all. Great college point guards don't always translate to great NBA point guards. I'd like to get a guy who has shown some success in the league when given a chance.

Jaric or Daniels would be great, but we don't seem to be targeting them.

• Admin

I think Brevin Knight would be a good pickup this year. A guy who gets others involved and help these young guys develop. Then we can look into getting a really good PG next season.

Jay Williams is another guy not to be forgotten. He could be a real steal at a low price and if he never truely recovers then it was a chance worth taking since it won't cost us too much.

capstone, I've thought about those two as well

Knight's a great stop gap guy if we can't find the long term franchise type guy.

Jay's a low cost gamble who could turn into a huge payoff for us. I think these guys are last resort types, but I coul live with all of them for a season.

I don't believe we have any chance of fulfilling every long term need in this offseason. We're still a LONG LONG way from being competitive.

BK usually finds a couple of bargains at the end of the offseason. He got Stephen Jackson one year. Then waited out for Al and Antoine Walker last year.

He often finds the odd man out for a bargain price. If nobody wants to pay Damon, we could sign him and ship him out at the trading deadline or during the offseason next year.

• Premium Member

So you would rather me stick with the wrong idea.

I think you have to look at the predications.. I would be for trading Al if we got fair value back. I would be for getting Dally... IF we had a PG that was worthy of having a big man at that price.

I think if you did go back, you wouldn't find me suggest Curry for Max... You probably wouldn't find me saying Chandler for max. I have said... Damp for Max. I have said Kwame for a nice price. I might have said Curry for 42.. Might... I still don't like Curry's game and now that his heart is a real problem, I like him even less.

• Premium Member

I like what Knight brings too. I think Knight would be a guy who can teach Ivey how to be an effective PG (Offensively) by teaching him how to involve others.

What I like about Stoudamire is that he can also score.

• Premium Member

What I'm saying is why overpay a guy like Curry (who has a heart condition) when we can cheaply pick up a guy like Zsa Zsa who could probably eclipse the output that we get from Curry.

Our strength is not going to be Low post scoring nor does it need to be. We will be a fast break team that can play the half court game. Paying Curry 50 million, then watching him sit down on us or Paying Curry 50 million and watching him continue to put up 12/4/1 is not what I would consider a good move.

Dally on the otherhand is a different story. I think Dally is what we need, but not at his price.

I understand the criticism of Curry and that occasionally he will give you a line like 12/4/1, but to be fair you have to talk about all the games he gives you 25+ points. Pachulia is capable of 12/4/1, but I don't think he's a big threat to drop 25 points. Let's be realistic.

• Admin

you admitted to changing your mind, I like it man, I like it! There's never anything wrong with changing your mind. props!

and I will back you up on this. You've been a proponent of paying both Chandler and Dalembert max contracts. You've proposed Curry for big money, but not quite max. And you've always stated that you would trade Al IF we got good value in return.

I think we offered Curry around 50mil. That's probably not far off from what you've suggested. What do you think of that? That would still leave us with 16? in cap room, which is more than enough to get us two more good players.

• Premium Member

I'm very leary of Curry because of his heart ailment. I think think BK should have his test in hand when making that decision. You see how Grant Hill hamstrung the Orlando magic when they were in our condition. Imagine what would happen if we did get JJ/Curry for the money and found out that Curry couldn't live up to the contract because of his health... It would destroy this franchise.

• Premium Member

Grant Hill broke his ankles when Detroit played against Jamaal Mashburn (Hornets I think) and Mash put the moves on Hill. That summer, Hill went into free agency. Orlando knew he had a broken ankle, but they picked him up anyway. I think BK would be worth firing if he picks up Curry with a suspect heart?

You can't say it's nothing because Curry has already missed games because of it.

Also, what else can explain his lackluster play at times late in the game.