• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks get revenge, slaugher the Jazz...

mrhonline

Interesting, because like the Hawks Utah's summer league team features at least four players who will be on Utah's roster, and 4 first round draft picks.

How does Marvin Williams get 8 fouls in 17 minutes? And no rebounds? My guess is he is still getting healthy.

yeah. He didn't aggravate anything, and yet sat out last game with an injury. He's been injured this whole time, but they really wanted him to get his feet wet. I think it does young players good to play so soon after getting drafted, as they usually have a harder time than they expect, and it gets them focused on working hard in the summer

A few other notes on the box score:

-10, 6 and 3 on 4-5 shooting is pretty good from boris. It's hard to get assists in summer league. 5 TO is too many of course, although it is summer league. High TO's and low assists are typical.

-Players from our actual roster went 17-21 from the line. It's been so long since we had a good FT shooting team, this will help alot.

-Arthur Johnson and Sharrod Ford combine for 13 boards. I don't know if either is tall enough to warrant a contract? Johnson put up 9, 6, 1 and 1, we'll have to see what he actually plays like. I think this game was won on the boards. Our 36 defensive rebounds seem to have limited them to one shot per posession.

-Salim is averaging 50% from behind the arc. I can't wait to see his percentage in the NBA this year. Last year Hoidberg and JJ were the two best long bombers with .478 and .483, hopefully Salim can contend.

Incredibly frustrating week for Marvin I'm sure. Lots of expectations, completely new concepts (just like the other new guys), and a bum hamstring. He'll be fine, but I'm sure he's frustrated.

Hopefully he can have a decent game today, he could certainly use one for his confidence.

Larry Drew really likes this guy. He's been giving Tre props every opportunity he gets. I read an article where Larry stated that the things Tre does on the floor may not show up in the stats column on the box score, but he does everything and anything that is asked of him.

Tre also gives us pretty good size, being 6'5" and somewhat of a combo guard.

I think Sharrod Ford has warranted a spot on the preseason squad. His summer league stats have been better than Marvins, for whatever reason. He was a very good player at Clemson and he would be a nice combo forward, comming off the bench. Like others have said, this team needs all the help they can get. With time hes gonna get stronger, but hes already got some reallly nice skills. Atl worked him out before the draft, he made it to the summer league team, and he has done well when called upon.

NBATV

Atlanta vs. Utah 7/24 11:00 PM; 7/25 2 PM

Atlanta vs. Dallas 7/25 5:00 PM

San Antonio vs. Atlanta 7/26 5:00 PM; 7/27 11:00 AM

Atlanta vs. Seattle --

Atlanta vs. Utah 7/28 10:00 PM; 7/29 2:00 AM

Charlotte vs. Atlanta --

As much as wins don't mean anything, I hope we beat charlotte and at least finish 3-3