• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Some Hawk Talk

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

FINALLY, SOME HAWK TRADE TALK

You guessed it -- I like it.

Hey, why not like the trade that sent Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson from Milwaukee to Atlanta -- especially if you're the Hawks?

Granted, Robinson has a reputation of being a guy who is built like a power forward -- but who would much rather be Alex English than Charles Oakley. In other words, Robinson prefers soft mid-range jumpers to mixing it up underneath the basket, making him more of a little kitty cat than a big dog on the court.

But the Hawks already have Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Theo Ratliff (who is reportedly finally healthy) to do the dirty work. They need a guy like Robinson, a player who can extend the defense to open up room for Abdur-Rahim -- and a guy who can keep the defense honest when guard Jason Terry is hanging out on the perimeter.

A lot of people are saying, "Yeah, but the Hawks have guard problems. Terry isn't a point guard, and rookie Dan Dickau is not ready to start."

But did you know that the Hawks had a much better record when Terry played the point last season? And did you see the improvement made by shooting guard DerMarr Johnson after the all-star break?

One Atlanta-area reporter said that the Hawks "are giving up on Johnson," but I don't believe it. Even if the reporter is right, the Hawks can still patch together a solid backcourt with Terry, Dion Glover, Emanual Davis and Dickau.

Trust me on this -- if the Hawks stay healthy, they'll be in the playoffs.

The Bucks received Toni Kukoc and Leon Smith in return. Kukoc has been brilliant at times, but never consistent, and he'll be 35 by the end of the season. Smith's troubles have been well-documented ever since he entered the draft out of high school a few years ago. I've always openly rooted for Smith, but he may never be anything more than a CBA lifer.

So I'm not sure what the Bucks are doing, but my guess is they're not done making moves, and point guard Sam Cassell could be the next to go.

I just wish they would bring back those beautiful dark green uniforms of the 1980s.

I would be MUCH happier if we could get Ira resigned but all in all not bad. From the looks of it we finally have a "reporter" who knows a little about us. Thank you, Sam Amico.

W

Walter, don't know where you found this, be he sounds

like he has been reading Hawksquawk!! He is saying

what a lot of us here have been saying ever since the

end of last season.

I, too, like what he said. Thanks for posting it.

Gray Mule

What paper does this guy write an article in?

He's dead on. The team improved when Terry went to the PG position. As Terry improved, the players around him improved. Why should we expect anything different this year?

Finally, another writer that knows a little about the Hawks. I was beginning to think that Jason was the only one.

They have thanked me for my detailed coverage. According to one writer who emailed me, he claimed he didn't have to do any other research for their Hawks material except read my recaps and columns.

How very original.

So I wouldn't doubt that any one of those writers visit this forum and others looking for their original thoughts...

Hey, as long as they get the info straight and aren't taking credit for interviews and such that appear here or in RealGM, it's one more informed source of information for Hawks fans.