• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Detroit pistons offer darko

in a second.

The Hawks traded for Harrington thinking he would break out into a 20-10 guy. That didnt quite happen although he had a good season stats wise, but it seems that Smith and Williams are the way that Atlanta want to go. Harrington has a big salary, so if he is not the number one choice in his position long term it would be better to trade him and get something in return now.

Darko is a risk, no question.

But - he is a 7 footer who just turned 20 years old. The guy has never got any serious minutes since he entered the league and his potential is huge. Every scout in the world said he could be dominant in the NBA before he came over. The Pistons still say he is great in practice, but presumably they do not want to wait for him to reach his potential if their chances at the rings are right now. So it seems a logical move for them. There were some question marks over Tayshaun Prince in the Finals so they may be addressing that with this trade.

The fact is Atlanta is rebuilding and has time. Darko is still in my book one of the most exciting prospects in the league. Given some proper time and some proper teaching I think the sky is the limit. And - he also plays a position that desperately needs upgrading for the Hawks.

I would make this trade definitely.

I'm in....but I'm waiting to hear the naysayers come out of the woodwork and talk aboutu how is Darko a better risk than Kwame would have been blah blah.

Here's the thing.

We say what kind of player Al is and is most likely oging to be (give or take some) this past year. He's solid, can score in bunches, tries (but poorly) plays defense and is in no way a force in the middle.

Secondly, we have Smith...and we may have something in Marvin (at the 3/4).

Darko's a 4/5 who couold still be a bum, could be a star...or could just be an above average starting center/bu pf in the L...which is about what Al is now if you think about it, only al's a 3/4 and Darko's a 4/5.

Finally...honestly...except for holidng out for a 'dream trade' of the sort come the deadline...what do you really and truly expect al to lead and help this team achieve this year? (and then we get into resigning him and blah blah blah).

do the trade.

I don't know, he looked pretty awful in summer league. He has the size, athletic ability to be a great player but his mind just isn't in it. Having said this, I'd do it, but hopefully they'd include something else too (like and/or Delfino, Acker, future 2nd rounder)

Al, proven scorer, yes. But if your gonna lose, go all the way. I don't think Darko is a complete stiff, but I'm sure he can be a dependable front court presence. And dependable front court presences are hard to find. Much harder to find than a wing player who averages 17 ppg. I say do it. Do it.