• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WHAT A GAME!!

chillzatl

• Admin

Man I hope some of you were there. It was a heck of a game. We went tonight and we're going again tomorrow night. What a game, wow. The nationals fans have now officially taken their place alongside Mets fans and Cubs fans. They hoot and holler and taunt the home teams fans for 8 innings. But by the 9th they're sitting in their seats, quiet, nothing to say.

Andrew is a differnet player this year. It's not a fluke. That stance is the [censored]. It's helped his eye SOOO MUCH. He doesn't swing at junk anymore. You have to make good pitches or he will rip you up. Man, CHipper, despite not playing in ages is making good swings on the ball.

wow, i'm busted. They kept us down for 8 innings. But it's a 9 inning game, well, toinght 10! what a game! Go braves!

• Admin

well, where we were sitting, there was a group of probably 25-30 nationals fans, all in the same area. Looked like they may have traveled for the game. They had pom-poms, nats jerseys and hats, face painting and they were LOUD. They were cheering everything and to be honest, they had a lot to cheer about. The two take-aways against Mccann and Chipper, wow! Hernandez making big pitches. But they were being disrespectful, talking trash to Braves fans in their area and generally being obnoxious. As I learned MANY years ago, you don't insult the home fans without PAINFULL RETRIBUTION! Just as I have seen wrought upon both Mets fans and Cubs fans. The gods of baseball laughed and said "Silly Nats fans". It was great.

Tonight was their real shot. I think we sweep the series now.

• Admin

Hernandez was off the charts man. Just a few days ago this guy is saying he's done for the year? Give me a break. Smoltz was great too. They got a few take-aways on us on defense that might have gotten him the win. That take-away on Maccann early and the big stretch on a ground ball up the middle by Giles. Both of those would have gotten us runners on base with few outs. We never really got anyone on base with under two outs until the ninth. But either way a great game and a great win.

Groove one to Andruw like that, and he hits a walk off grand slam to win the game.

Andruw's stance has helped him keep his head still. Previously, he would pull his head down the third base line, and that left him open to the outside pitches. Now, he keeps his head in and is more balanced at the plate. That outside pitch is no longer his bugaboo. He's taking that outside pitch the other way now and has hit a good bit of home runs to right field.

He's a legitimate MVP candidate right now.

Groove one to Andruw like that, and he hits a walk off grand slam to win the game."

You are better off doing that than throwing off the

plate on 3-0. Doesn't matter if you lose by one run

or 4. You still Lose. When you walk the hitter when

the bases are loaded and you lose the game it's a choke

job. If he gets the hit well then he gets the hit. You

don't want to beat yourself... Make the other player

beat you.