• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Johnson's numbers from 2003-2004

KB21

When Phoenix traded Stephon Marbury to New York in January of that season, Joe Johnson finished the season out as the Suns point guard. I found stats for 43 of the 46 games he played at the point position for the Suns during that season. His numbers in those 43 games:

19.9 ppg, 5.3 apg, 5.1 rpg

He was 22 years old in that season. Expecting him to put up around 21 ppg and 6 apg this season for the Hawks is not out of the question, and he will likely even do better than that.

as much as i love stats- it all comes down to Wins and Losses.

dont get me wrong- those numbers are great!

if we get 20 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg (on decent shooting %s)- he'll easily be our best player on our team.

however, will he get "his" while making his teammates better and getting us some Ws?

or will he be another SHAREEF ABDUR-RAHIM for us (good numbers, no help in the W department).

Joe had several games during that season where he would put up

*26 points, 8 assists, 8 rebounds

*31 points, 9 assists, 6 rebounds

*24 points, 7 assists, 7 rebounds

He was a monster, taking on the scoring burden in some games as well as being the main ball handler and table setter.

I know.

I watched them all.

They were still a .500 ball club.

Of course that will get you to the playoffs in the Eastern Conference. shocked.gif

Joe is five tool player and my favorite on the Suns. At least for a couple more days.

Excuse me while I go watch the WCF game 4 again. frown.gif