• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Suns will take a big step back next year

Bulldog

Last year the Suns scored from all over the floor and from every position, making them very hard to guard. I think losing one of their wing men (Q Richardson) for a Center was a good move to balance the team more and give a sorely needed inside presence. But to lose both gunners with JJ going to the Hawks was foolish. They may get Finley, they may not. If not they may have to start with Jimmy Jackson, who though a decent player, is no JJ. They almost got to the top of the pile, but I think next year they will not compete with the Spurs or even the Rockets who should improve.

But the Hawks will reap the benefits...

hawks should improve, still need a center and a shooter though, especially if joe is gonna play the point.

suns made out, diaw will be a nice back-up, 2 1st rd picks, and 5 mil trade exception is a steal for them. they lose points yes, but with marion and amare at their preferred positions they should be straight. that said, i never thought that any team with nash can win the title anyway b/c he may be one of the bottom five defensive point guards in the league.

• Moderators

The Hawks new shooter is named Salim Stoudemire. He is the guy JJ Reddick was looking up at in the NCAAs last season and the guy who will be nailing some long Js this year.

I agree they still need a center pretty badly.

• Moderators

Salim was targeted as an excellent shooter and defender during the draft process but we'll see what happens when he steps into the league. My guess is that his shot won't desert him.

On the issue of who sits, I think Salim will play minutes at the PG when JJ sits and minutes at SG when Childress or Smith sits (Childress can slide to the SF spot when Smith sits).

I still think the Suns will make a solid impact, and now Amare can play his natural position. Kurt Thomas will help the team out alot, so the Suns will benefit from him greatly, and the team will work well together.

I doubt the Suns figured they would be without Q-Rich and Joe Johnson. They just have to move on, but I expect them to make a solid run in the playoffs.

I don't think they'll take that big a step back as many people think they will. Defensively they are way better than last year. Diaw, Bell provide perimeter defense while Thomas will help with the boards. They will take a small step back on offense, but the boosts on the defensive end will compensate for the losses of Q and JJ. Why they won't suffer offensively lossing Q and JJ:

1. Nash could even make my grandma average 16 points a game. Bell is underrated offensively and Nash will make him look even better.

2. Amare.

So instead of beating teams 125-115, they'll be beating them 115-100.