• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Rant on the Space Shuttle.

Diesel

• Premium Member

(Chillz there will be no farther diologue)

Did you know that we have made any significant changes to the Space Shuttle since 1984?

Damn.

That's older than a lot of the Squawkers on Hawksquawk.

That's 21 yrs of the same technology?

We have moved to microelectronics and nanotechnology in the last 21 yrs and the Space Shuttle hasnt'.

21 yrs ago, there no Hip Hop.

21 yrs ago, Bear Bryant and Tom Landry were still coaching.

21 yrs ago, Slick Willie was starting his 1st term as Gov. of Arkansas (I think).

21 yrs ago, we were like Who is Hale Berry?

21 yrs ago, had the Cosby show started and wasn't Mash still on TV?

Let's see. Reagan cut funding for NASA in 1983... So it makes sense now...

Still... Maybe that can change out some of that old delapadated equipment with Dell technology? Can they change up some of the Aluminum foil that they use with Titanium?

No wonder Astronaunts are so afraid...

21 yrs ago, the Gap Band was still together...

21 Yrs ago, Eddie Van Halen was still the lead?

This is purely depressing.

So instead of being as technologically advanced as the satellites they take up, the Space Shuttle Crew goes out to fix problems with a Hacksaw... and the Captain is controlling the ship like Larry the Cable Guy saying Get her Done...

• Admin

They're not going to invest billions in something and then simply scrap it and start over because some new technology came along. it took them something like 10 years and billions of dollars to develop and build the shuttle.

it'll happen though, eventually. Hopefully it will be something cool that can get out of the atmosphere without needing all those huge rockets. I do believe that's what they're wanting. But I just don't think the tech is there yet. So instead of investing billions in a stop-gap replacement, they are working to make what htey have, viable for a few more years until what htey really need is available.

• Premium Member

You ever wonder what happens to the rocket Booster and the ET when they get the momentum to get into space?

I know they release them... But do we really have the technology to drop a big ass ET from the edge of space and almost weightlessness so that it falls right back down to the Kennedy Center??

I know small things just burn up upon re-entry into the earth's atmosphere. But those boosters and that tank... Damn. Are we that good??

Pathagorean's theorem never taught me how to do that.. Especially when you consider wind and friction...