• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

for what it's worth, JJ and his agent still feel >

chillzatl

I dont think sports agents (even the RICHEST ONES) have that kind of money to buyout a owner.

dont sports agents make like, 10% of a player's salary?

suppose Arn had like 15 Joe Johnsons as clients. then what, he makes $15-20 million?

owners are richer than that.

• Admin

I've been privy to some of the checks that are sent to agents on behalf of players from contracts and signing bonuses. His agent will make about 7-10mil off Joe's contract and signing bonus. Consider that even at 70mil, Joe is a small fish compared to a lot of his clients. He also has 10+ agents that work under him, taking care of about 250 or so athletes.

Belkins stake in the LLC is probably 60mil. Tellem could buy him out. But why would he want to? He'd lose all his other, easy, revenue.

took over as GM of the Arizona Diamondbacks this past offseason. He was one of the best in the business in baseball and gave it up to be a GM where he I doubt he will make even close to the same amount of money. I would bet that if an ownership opportunity came about for an agent where they could buy in as part of a large group they wouldnt hesitate to do it, but yeah they would probably have to give up their job as an agent first.