• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Judgement is BS...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

"Sometimes the cost is just too great."

I think this goes beyond the Judges Jurisdiction. This judge has never been a GM in the NBA. This Judge knows very little about the inteworkings of basketball. Moreover, this Judge cannot speak for what's "too great" for the Hawks. He has never been a fan of the Hawks. His team hasn't been out of the playoffs and the laughing stock of the league.

Is this guy one of Belkin's Buddies??

I am hoping Stern steps in and applies his authority in the matter!

• Moderators

Does someone have a link to his ruling?

Incidently, if the standard here is akin to that on a motion for summary judgment (and some of the language from the quote reported by ESPN indicates that it is), then I think the judge made the right ruling on whether it is in the best interests of the franchise. Many, many NBA deals have arguably not been in the best interests of the franchises that made them (like K-Mart's, Penny's, Marbury's, Vin Baker's, etc. etc.) If it has to be clear on its face that Belkin's decision will harm the franchise then I agree that it is not clear from the record before the judge.

#*$ Belkin. He has no future in the city of Atlanta.

I would guess that if the judge is speaking on it, that must be what is in the actual contract. My guess is the agreement is very poorly written, based on how fuzzy all of this seems. It should clearly state when (if at all) the governor gets to do something the majority disagrees with

• Premium Member

From the article posted, it sounds like the Judge tried to use his expertise in the matter to deternine what was right and wrong. Sorry, but the expert testimoney of BK was totally denied...

THIS IS BS.