• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA ousts Belkin!

DJ_Money

but the judge could still rule in belkin's favor...he just said that as the prelim reason...now he'll examine it more and make a ruling, which may be in belkin's favor

if so, what can stern do then?

and when will the court date be? tomorrow? next week? looks like more waiting for us (and jj) ;o(

putting the bottom line first, my stream of consciousness second:

- NBA has approved the removal of Belkin as team governor.

- NBA has 'approved/ appointed' Gearon Jr. as 'acting' governor.

- the trade can go through and be approved/announced.

- all of this could still be overruled in court.

- had the rest of the owners contacted the league first, Belkin would have still taken this matter to court, changing only the time frame by 5-7 days (Belkin took the matter to court last friday~so at most it is 7 days. had ownership sans Belkin gone to the NBA first, we cannot speculate on how quickly/if they would have 'approved removal' last week).

- _______________

yes, the matter will now go back to court for a more complete ruling on the terms as set in the ownership agreement.

Per what we've seen of that agreement, there 'appears' to be sufficient evidence/favor for going forward with the requested removal (of Belkin from Team Governor).

I would think, my opinion only, that the JJ transaction can now go forth, be announced~ pending only a 'reversal'/denial of recommendation for removal of Belkin (by Stern/the NBA).

the majority of the ownership now has league approval, which they should have done in the first place/ seem to have approached in the wrong manner.

time will tell.

sorry if this is convoluted, I'm writing in stream of consciousness.

bottom line (see above).

• Moderators

Great News!!!!!!!!!!!

Like others have said, the Hawks are currently enjoined from removing Belkin from the governor position even with the NBA's approval. They have to go back to Court and get that injunction removed. The Judge is probably less likely to be flippant about the NBA's direct involvement - especially after he invited it in his opinion.

It isn't over yet but things are looking MUCH better!

It is amazing Belkin is getting trashed from almost everyone yet the guy still has guts to contimue fighting his battle.Get a clue Belkin the hawks don't want you just give up!How some people can luck out just because they have money and own a sports franchise without any regard to how well it does is beyond me.Lets get this done so we can get jj in here and move on to other things!

• Moderators

Quote:

I don't think he can't take a clue. He's getting bought out eventually and he wants every bit of leverage he can to get maximum $$$

The only thing that makes me wonder is that he has been trying to be an owner for 20+ years and now he will never be one again.