• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Updated Hawks Roster

WraithSentinel

I still think we make 2 or 3 more additions..With all the multipositional guys on our team I sorta doubt Donta and Ivy will be on out opening day roster.Salim and Delk can back up both guard positions, and Al, Smoove, and Marvin are all interchangable at the 2 forward spots..Our glaring need right now is a defensive minded, good rebounding 4/5 type//I still wish we had went after Swift..He would have been a perfect fit.

• Moderators

we have edwards and collier backing up center.

Only 3 guys born before 1980! Thats a young roster. We could use some veterans on the bench. Does anyone know if Willis is going to be in the organization next year? or is he still trying to play somewhere.

They've been listing him as that since last season, but his shooting needs to improve greatly before he could even remotely be considered a guard. I don't remember anytime last season he played anything other than the 3 or 4.

a) smoove is a pf, not a sg, so he will start at pf when he develops...jj/chill/marvin/smoove/center will be our lineup in 2 years

b) smoove did start 23 games at sg last year due to toine/al ONLY...he played 31% of the sf mins (almost all once toine was shipped out)...he played 7% of the pf mins (his best position statistically by FAR, both offensively and defensively) and he played 12% at sg

so he played 38% of the mins at forward and only 12% of the mins at guard...he's a forward PERIOD

he ONLY played sg to get him mins in the game when toine was here...now that toine is gone, smoove will play

josh just plays a little defense, but josh is a SF. he might have player 10min at PF last year. don't take the name so literally, especially with knight running the show. b/c you play point guard, it doesn't mean you have to point, b/c you play shooting guard, it doesn't mean you have to be able to shoot, small forward can be bigger that power fowards and some power fowards aren't very powerful. centers are usually not in the center of the court and these days are not the center of attention

he's nothing like nique

the only comparison is his dunking

and regardless of where u play him on offense, he MUST play defense on the post player of the opposing team...did u not see all the times last season when he left his perimeter player to go for a block and that player got the ball kicked out to him for a wide open shot?

and he played 7% of all pf mins last season and 12% of all sg mins last season...if not toine, he woulda played more pf than sg...if no al/toine, he would be our pf...

he's the next kemp/amare, not the next nique/vince

• Moderators

As I previously posted, during an interview on Atlanta radio while the Belkin mess was going on, the Hawk's new governor Michael Gearon Jr. said that J. Smith was the Hawks PF of the future. Make of that what you will.

why?

tell me which statements u disagree with

1: if he guards the interior player, he won't leave his man open on the perimeter when he goes for the help block

2: he did a good job guarding kg

3: he doesn't have the handles/shot/quickness of elite sfs

4: his stats were MUCH better at the 4 than at the 2/3, playing a good number of mins at the 4 (200+ mins)

5: his game/body/etc resembles kemp/amare/kmart more than nique/vince/tmac