• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How should we replace Dj.

Diesel

...not behind him.

Email start over Dion and Newble?

You're weird.

We will still outscore other teams assuming we can play a lick of defense with 3, 20 PPG starting scorers and Theo plus an efficient opportunistic offensive player in Newble as the other two starters. We can expect nearly 75-80 pts from our starters. That's terrific considering DG can put in another 8 easily off the bench with CC, Hendu, Nazr, and DD shipping in more.

Additionally, Dion will have MANY more opportunities with the ball and to score points when he comes off the bench. As if Dion would get the ball with JT, SAR, and Big Dawg starting beside him. Dion is not a player that can be effective without the ball!

Thus, unless you, Diesel, can tell me how DG will get the ball as the 4th option on offense with 3 star quality offensive options demanding the ball ahead of him and how he can be effective on offense without hardly EVER getting the ball, particularly in a position to create for himself, then your ridiculous opinion remains just that.

W

W

• Premium Member

Reason being is that Email can shoot and Play defense. Ty Corbin Jr. Can't shoot. He would be a Liability on offense because teams would just use his man to double like they did Ty.

I would rather have Glover because Glover learning to play defense is much easier than Newble learning how to shoot.

Well Corbin was mostly exposed due to our

lack of consisant offensive options.Mookie

couldn't shoot/Leattner had no heart and of

course we know about Deke's offense..

It;s a whole different ball game now.Not to

mention that JT/Big DOg/Reef are all three

more explosive scorers than Smith was.

In reply to:

"I (Diesel) would rather have Email than Ira...reason being Email can shoot and Play defense."

Email shot 34%. Newble shot over 50%!!!!!!!!! Who the [censored] can't shoot?!? Granted Newble shot that by cutting, finishing, and put backs BUT THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE HAWKS NEED IN TERMS OF HIGHLY EFFICIENT OFFENSE FROM A 5TH OPTION STARTER HAVING 3, 20 PPG SCORERS PLAYING ALONG WITH HIM!

Ira was by far the best and most versatile (perimeter) defender on this team last year. He can guard any of the 2 or 3 positions allowing him to defend the opposition's best perimeter player. Email is neither good enough of a defender/player to defend the better Sgs and moreover at 6'3" he's undersized even undersized to defend Sgs much less Sfs!

Oh, and Ira turned our team defense around single handedly. Email? Whateva.

In reply to:

"Ty Corbin Jr."

...MY a**! You were laughed out of the forum for this lame a** comparison once! Why compare Ira to Ty when from physique to game they are only similar in that they play the same position. Ty NEVER came inside the 3 point line. Actually, he did with his "one foot on the line" 2 pt shot. I don't think I ever saw Ty make a lay-up or dunk. Ira is a cutter/slasher/put back artist. He was our most efficient offensive player bar none last year as he shot the highest percentage despite playing Sg/Sf. Ty's and Ira's shooting percentages are also dissimilar dispite same position. Defensively, Ira's also better and much more versatile. Quit making [censored] up, getting called on it, and then trying to rehash it when you think the forum has forgotten.

In reply to:

"I would rather have Glover because Glover learning to play defense is much easier than Newble learning how to shoot."

• Premium Member

Ira has no range.

Ira shot 50% yes... But most of his points came on Layups and put backs. Had you watched 1 game with Ira in it, you would know that everytime he was beyond 9 feet he couldn't hit the ocean from the beach.

Secondly, If you prefer to use Quotes, Quote me directly... Don't paraphrase. NOWHERE DID I SAY I WOULD PREFER TO HAVE EMAIL. I hate Email. I said that Email would be a better Choice because he can shoot and I was making reference to him having RANGE. Thirdly, I have stated over and Over again that I WOULD RATHER PLAY DION. Reason being is that DION can score and he adds a dimension of scoring that would help both JT and Big dog. ALSO it's easier for Dion to learn to play better defense than to expect Newble to learn to shoot.

• Premium Member

Because the 34% shooter has proven that he can shoot from outside.

Because the 34% shooter can be a ball handler if our PG ever gets into trouble.

My preference is to start Dion. Because:

1. He's in the last yr of his contract.

2. He has far more potential as a player than either TCJ or Email.

3. He can score.

4. His ability to score from the baseline or down the lane opens the floor for Big dog and JT's games.

5. As a SG, he's strong enough to postup any other shooting gaurd.

Lastly, I would rather have a fresh Newble playing Behind Big Dog becase big dogs relief should be someone who can be a defensive stopper.

And I know that the offense flowed much better when Ira was on the floor. He did not allow the defense to dictate his shots. He took nothing but high percentage shots. He moved well without the ball, made himself a target when double teams came, and finnished well. Please tell me what is Ty Corbin-like about that? Ira put up what? 7 threes last year? There were games when Corbin put up that many. He's living proof that having someone who is not a great shooter putting up long range shots does not help.

Do you actually think Davis heaving up 3's will actually help the offense? Unless he becomes a remarkably better shooter, teams would much rather have him throwing up prayers from outside then have our big three touch the ball.

As for Dion, he's nowhere near as good moving without the ball. He needs a lot of clearout type plays in order to be successful. He's not going to get that in the starting 5. That added with his lack of intensity on defense make him more suited to be a 6th man. IMO as a fifth option starter (who by the way, is not a great entry passer), Dion would probably become Ty Corbin Jr. He's probably be sent to camp on the weak side behind the three point line.

• Admin

I agree that we should have some defensive intnesity behind Big Dog but we do not need to waste Newble's contributions by having him sitting on the bench and only coming in for a few sporatic minutes. Big Dog is going to play 38-40 minutes a game. A Scott Burrell can come in and play that role behind big dog and we would have Ira playing great permimiter defence against Jones, Bryant, Carter, Stackhouse etc, for most of the game. We need a stopper for all of those high scoring swingmen that so many teams out there have. Glover is certainly not going to be able to do it.

"...The Hawks have 11 guaranteed contract players without Johnson and probably will want to sign another scorer or high energy player from the list of veteran free-agent players available, among them Darvin Ham, who played in Milwaukee, and Walt Williams, with Houston last season."

Because the 34% shooter has proven that he can shoot from outside

He can't make 4 out of 10 shots and he has proven

he can shoot outside?What kind of idiot are you?

Dion is nothing but a summer league player.