• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

5 Names for Center...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Let me pull out my GM card and find 5 FA Centers that we can sign today!

#1. Mamadou... I liked Mamadou. He's a rebounder and a shot blocker and he knows his role!

#2. Christian Laettner... I liked Laettner. I don't know if he retired or not, but he would be a good pickup for us.

#3. Dalibor Bagaric. I haven't read about Chicago resigning him. I know he's a big big 7'1 300 lber? I think it's good to have one big guy... I don't think he's as agile as the others...

#4. Olumide Oyediji. I know I talk trash about him all the time. That's because he was so hyped... I would take a chance on him if he's available.

#5. Vladimir Stepania. You remember this guy? He played for PTL for the last few seasons... Never developed, but he had good "bones".

• Premium Member

Some other possibilities:

6. Randolph Morris - Show me the money, baby. He has upside, and his situation at Kentucky is still uncertain.

7. Scot Pollard (trade) - Dale Davis' exodus makes this less likely, but an Ivey-for-Pollard trade saves the Pacers almost $12M (thanks to the luxury tax). He's an expiring contract, so it preserves the Hawks' cap space next summer.

8. Aaron Williams (trade) - Undersized, but a tough defender and veteran to help spell Zaza and Edwards.

9. Kevin Willis - Why not? I'm sure he can still play until the Hawks find someone else.

10. Some random NBDL guy - My gut is that this is the way the Hawks will go, hoping to find a diamond in the rough.

• Premium Member

Quote:

no to trading ivey

Nick, again, I love your enthusiasm, but that's silly. Ivey is a free agent at the end of the year and the chances are good that he won't be back. He's a career backup at best.

If given the choice between a hard-working, backup center with playoff experience and the 5th guard on a bad team, I'll take the center.

And so would every GM in the NBA. In fact, Indiana only does that trade for financial reasons.

• Premium Member

I've read about a trade with Toronto for Williams... I think it was Delk for Williams.

I wouldn't mind that so much, but Williams is definitely undersized and I like Delk scoring off the bench... Still, I guess, that's why we have Salim?

So if Delk for Williams could work, I guess, I'd be for it...

But I would still look to get somebody like Mamadou...

I would trade Ivey in a heartbeat. He is a 3rd tier backup guard and he will see little time this year behind Lue, Delk, Salim and JJ. Salim has taken his spot and he hasn't even played in a real NBA game.

Ivey is definately trade bate or even cut. With the Hawks lack of big men, I wonder if he will even take a roster spot. We have 4 guards, all of which can switch from SG to PG.

i'd like to see ivey/donta on the nbdl team this season to get some experience

once lue/delk/al are gone, i'd like to see

jj/salim/ivey

chill/jj/salim

marvin/chill/donta

smoove/marvin/batman

zaza/batman/edwards

either batman/edwards pan out, or we find players to replace them (andersen and rmorris are picks for next year)

hey everyone. i am fairly new to the blog (1 or 2 weeks ago). just wanted to give me 2 cents.

mamadou didnt work out very well for us last year, but yeah...he can block some shots, give us a little more respect in the paint, and he can give us 6 fouls for hacking purposes.

anyone have info on the foreign centers you mentioned in your top 5 to start off this thread.

i would like to get junkyard dog out of retirement for a year (jerome williams).

scott pollard, to me, seems BY FAR the most logical way...especially when you mentioned the salary cap info. he is a total bruiser, loves to rebound and bang, and he picks up garbage points around the basket. also, him not being an offensive threat is nice as we can run plays for all our amazing 6'8' to 6'10' phenom athletes to cut to the basket while pollard stands at the elbow to pass or screen.