• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Possible Coach Firings

Safetyboi

I thought I had better release my opinion on which coaches I expect to be fired before the end of the season. This is in no particular order:

1) Sam Mitchell - Toronto. Nobody knows what their GM Mr Babcock is doing so I wouldn't be surprised if Mitchell's abrasive personality causes more rifts.

2) Mike Brown - Cleveland. If he doesn't get into LeBron's good books early in the season, I'd expect him to go.

3) Stan Van Gundy - Miami. A slow start to the season will mean that Pat Riley will coach in the NBA again.

4) Mike Montgomery - Golden State. For some reason there is a lot of hope around the franchise, but I think they will be crap like they normally are.

There are bound to be some unexpected resignations or firings but that is my two cents.

• Premium Member

I doubt that any of those guys are in any trouble.

I think the league is pretty settle right now... The only guys who have to worry about being fired:

Hell... Nobody...

I would say L. Frank or Carlisle but both of those guys are sitting pretty too. I don't even think Dunleavy Sr. has anything to be fearful about. The teams that normally move people out are quiet and content (PTL, PHI, BOS, SEA, CLE).

Maybe ORL is the first team to switch up coaches...

But even then, it will be for somebody high profile.

Your Miami note is interesting but I get the feeling that SVG is safe... He's Shaq's guy and as long as you have that designation, you shouldn't worry!

• Premium Member

That's interesting...

I wonder why Nellie stepped down in Dallas.

Also I was wrong about Orlando. I forgot that they had gotten Brian HIll!

Right now, I think that every coach is safe atleast until March.

• 2 weeks later...

How about Woody?

Seems like he has to get two things to happen - 1) get the team to play hard on defence consistently, and 2)have the young guys show development. Atlanta will be harder than most other teams because of all the young guys who need attention so they can maxamize their potential. I think that is why he and BK have resisted picking up guys with bad attitudes - so they don't ruin the young guys. I like Woody but I think he has a very tough job.