• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Had our draft last night...

beav

What do you guys think? It is a 13 team rotisserie league and we use the standard 9 category yahoo scoring. (I picked 8th)

1. Kirilenko

2. Brad Miller

3. Bibby

4. Maggette

5. St. Jackson

6. Al Harrington

7. Marko Jaric

8. Troy Murphy

9. Bobby Simmons

10 Al Jefferson

11 Chris Kaman

12 Ratliff

13 Desmond Mason

I'll be in a world of hurt if Miller goes down that much I do know.

Yes 3s is a category and you are right I believe they are my weakest spot possibly.

Re: Ratliff We each need two centers as starters and in a 13 team league it got thin. But truth to tell he is definitely my first potential drop.

I liked Mason at 13 too... Particularly since I already had Simmons as a bit of insurance for injury.

The category that killed me last year was FT% hence my grabbing Miller and Magette. I plan to win that one this year!

I do think that I may regret taking Jaric over Ridnour, but the steals were too enticing....

• Premium Member

When you look at Mason, you have to wonder will he be a BU and what does he really bring?

If I were building a Basketball team, I would love my last pick to be a guy like Mason. However, on a fantasy team, what does Mason bring? He's just a lower percentage Scorer right? He doesn't rebound strongly, he doesn't hit the three, he just gets the occassional layup?

I mean, his rebounds are low. His assists are lower. And he shot like 43-44% from the field. Now with Bobby Simmons in town, I suspect that Mason will be on the floor less. I suspect you may get 8 pts 1 reb, 1 ass per game from him...

To tell if he was a good 13th pick, you would need to know who else was available.

• Admin

...nothing to do wiht the trade because now he is a steal but if he was still a Buck, Mason would still be good for 12 ppg, 3-4 rpg and 1-2 assists and a steal. He always put up good numbers even from the bench a couple seasons ago, not special or great numbers but decent to good numbers and for a player taken around 169th (13 teams, 13 rounds), Mason as a Buck is a solid pick. Mason as a Hornet is a whole different story.

• Premium Member

Now that he's moved to the Hornets, he will be more useful, but with the team that is there, you prolly won't get him off the bench much. I seriously doubt that he would have amounted to 12 ppg in Milwaukee. He was playing behind Redd, Simmons, and Welsch. This is why he was traded.

However, even in N.O., he can get 19 ppg.. However, he does so little in the other categories that he's not a fantasy player (steal)...

A steal in Fantasy player talk is getting a guy who will increase your rebounding or increase your steals... Any player can score and normally scores (2 pt) doesn't get you much in the fantasy world. Especially when you don't shoot a good percentage (in some leagues).