• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

latest article from AJC

Blunt91

I foresee a trade

By Sekou Smith | Friday, October 28, 2005, 03:50 PM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Do the names Curtis Borchardt, Jahidi White, Erich Chenowith, Nigel Dixon, Mark Pope, Deji Akindele, Adam Parada, Ryan Humphrey, Toree Morris or James Lang excite you? Because those are some of the waiver wire casualties the Hawks can pick over now in their search for the two big men they need.

I’m more convinced than ever now that they’ll have to come up with a trade package or some other way of acquiring what they need. (Oh yeah, Obinna Ekezie was waived in Cleveland. Never mind.)

The Hawks will have to give up one of their forwards (they have plenty) and probably a veteran guard (there are only a couple so take your pick) to get their hands on what they need. But Billy Knight isn’t interested in mortgaging the future (some would say “again” after the Joe Johnson deal) to do so.

So we’ll have to ride this thing out and see what happens in the next few days.

This should bring on more talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I will settle for Jahidi White as the freebie. Then wait for Dallas to make a cut.

If Donta and Delk can't bring in Podzoklin.

Then trade Donta and Delk, and possibly a 2nd round draft pick if needed, and bring in Nate Robinson from the Knicks.

I like this guy. He would be a fan favorite. Also, Denver has a lot of PG's. Maybe Boykins would be available. Another guy that would be a fan favorite. Having a small guy like this would pump up the crowd, plus pump up the players on the floor. They can be game changers!

i never said was an either/or

i was comparing/contrasting them to show u why i think zaza is a good signing and curry is a bad signing

and there is just a shortage of good big men in this league...it's not like he passed up on good big men...daly/chandler/gad were resigned by their teams, bogut was drafted 1st, curry is too much of a risk, etc...i woulda been happy with kwame, but maybe bk knows something we don't know...if kwame finally meets his potential, then i'll say it was a mistake...until then, la took a calculated risk and hope it pans out

i agree that we don't have adequate backup bigs, but there just isn't much to choose from...hopefully batman will pan out and andersen and rmorris will help in the future

we now have starting and backup pg/sg/sf/pf...we don't have to have our entire starting and backup players in 2 years of rebuilding or in one summer

this summer we added a starting pg, a starting c, a backup forward, and a backup guard

i think it was pretty productive

If Josh is defeated for the title we can always send Marvin as our representative the following year. Marvin might be more of a creative dunker than smooth. Not necessarily more powerful but more creative.

Marvin's dunks, from what I've seen, are powerful...he just doesn't have that little extra bit of 'hops' to make it interesting (you have to be Amare to be a 4 and do that sort of thing).

He's great at extending with those long arms, absorbing blows...but he seems to lack that innate body agility/snake like moves in the air that most great 'dunkers' have.