• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

*cries and hands the lakers rings for the next 10*

Dukegotgame

Lakers Acquire NBA All-Star Tim Duncan

LOS ANGELES, September 6-- The Los Angeles Lakers acquire NBA All-Star Tim Duncan in a sign and trade deal with San Antonio Spurs, it was announced Friday by Los Angeles Lakers head coach Phil Jackson.

The deal will send Mark Madsen, Stanislav Medvedenko, and some cash to the San Antonio Spurs.

At the press conference, Tim Duncan says with excitment, "I just like to say I'm very excited to be here, it's a dream come true. To have the opportunity to come play for the best sports city in the world and play beside two of the best players in the league in Shaq and Kobe. It's a funny story, because before this even happened I told my agent I would like to come to Los Angeles. It's a coincidence everything happened, and it happened for a reason. I'm looking forward to getting on the court and doing a great job and helping them to win another title. "

Tim Duncan brings size, strength and versatility to the Lakers.

Catherine Steenkeste

NBAE/Getty Images

"It is unfortunate that we traded TD away but in the long term I believe Mark will be better," said Gregg Popovich, the head coach of San Antonion Spurs. "Mark has unbelievable body strength. I was with him when he worked out last week and I saw him benching 500 lbs! Who else in the league can do that?"

Drafted out of Stanford, Madsen has shown great improvement at his foot work over the years. "I have been practicing. You know, since I always have to perform a dance at the championship celebration," said Madsen. "The only reason my numbers aren't as good as the rest of the power forwards in the league is because I don't have enough playing time. And I'm glad that coach Popovich realized how special I am."

No Lakers want to comment on that.

"Tim Duncan is the kind of talent that improves our team immediately by adding size, strength and versatility," Rick Fox said. øš"While we would like to thank Mark Madsen and Stanislav Medvedenko for all of their hard work over the years in a Lakers uniform, we felt this trade was not something we could pass up."

Duncan, 26, is a five-year NBA veteran with career averages of 22.8 points and 12.2 rebounds in 370 games. The 7-0, 305-pounder has been selected to represent the Western Conference at the NBA All-Star Game ever since he joined the league. Duncan was selected to the All-NBA First Team for the fifth consecutive season, becoming just the sixth player in NBA history to be named First Team in each of his first five seasons. He joins this elite club of Elgin Baylor, Larry Bird, George Mikan, Bob Pettit and Oscar Robertson.

"In Duncan, we have a seasoned veteran and NBA All-Star," shooting guard Kobe Bryant said. "He has the ability to score and rebound. It gives us a player that we can go to in the post and demand double-teams from opponents."

With the addition of Tim Duncan, Lakers has improved dramatically at their weakest position at power forward. In the past, talented players like Chris Webber, Kevin Garnett, and Rasheed Wallace have been giving the Lakers a hard time. Not anymore.

Medvedenko, 23, was selected 25th overall in the 2002 NBA Draft coming from Ukraine. In 78 career games, the 6-10, 255-pound forward averaged 4.7 points and 2.1 rebounds.

I don't know, maybe I can't believe it cause it has'nt been reported by any of the bigger outlets, maybe i just don't want to believe it LOL. Oye, just the thought of it makes me want to scramble for some pepto and zocor haha. If it does turn out to be true Medvedenko/Madsen/cash for Duncan could be the most lopsided deal since Manhattan was bought for a song.

Manhattan was bought for beaded necklaces, not a song...and this is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. Those of you who are even thinking of believing it...well, stop thinking, cause obviously some wiring's wrong....

I never say never but that deal would NEVER happen. There is no combination of players and picks that LA could put together to get TD that doesn't include Shaq or Kobe.

Medevedenko, Madsen and a pick for TD? HAAAAAAAA!

I'd take TD over EVERY player in the league not named Shaq from a talent standpoint. I'd take TD PERIOD over everybody except Shaq and Kobe The only reason I'd take Kobe over TD is because I would make a lot more money in marketing and ticket sales and there is not THAT big of a difference in their levels of talent. McGrady is just as good as Kobe but he's not the box office draw that Kobe is and AI is a great box office draw but he's nowhere near the player Kobe is.