Plainview1981

Quote:

Well, Josh Smith is a slacker. He often comes out there

and does nothing and doesn't even make an effort like

in the rookie game last year when he often walked around

doing nothing.

I think by midseason JJ will already be thinking what

Al was thinking by the end of last year. Al has a chance

to get out of it, but JJ might have made a career mistake.

lol, I think by mid season MWill will be starting and as a whole JJ, Chillz, AL, and ZaZa will be working as a team. Just one game and a road game at that.

Quote:

Childress played awful, IMO. Well, the team as a whole did. But he in particular was getting schooled every time down the court.

But Childress will turn things around. Last 30 games last season he averaged better than 14 pts and 7 boards a night. This is all about chemistry and being comfortable within the team. Give Chilz a few games to get use to ZaZa and JJ and we will be happy he is our SG once again.

Quote:

Quote:

Well, Josh Smith is a slacker. He often comes out there

and does nothing and doesn't even make an effort like

in the rookie game last year when he often walked around

doing nothing.

I think by midseason JJ will already be thinking what

Al was thinking by the end of last year. Al has a chance

to get out of it, but JJ might have made a career mistake.

lol, I think by mid season MWill will be starting and as a whole JJ, Chillz, AL, and ZaZa will be working as a team. Just one game and a road game at that.

Only thing they proved tonigh was that they can continue

the same trend. We've seen the ole play with them for 2

periods and then get blown out stuff often.

• Premium Member

We're better than the Warriors.

19-0 run in the third...

Here's my thoughts.

Al was the man but he's running like Kieser Soycee' out there... I hope he's not injured. Still Al is leading the way with Steals, assists, and scoring. Really, Al is the only one of our forwards who can get points!

Smoove... Shoots from outside but I haen't seen him.

Love Zaza... He will be a double double machine.

Lue isn't stopping the flow... Lue is the only PG that can get the ball upcourt.

Our defense on BDiddy sucked. Our defense on Jrich Sucked. JRich used and abused us.

We need size. Too many tip outs trying to make up for lack of size...

We can't shoot.

We Suck...

I guess it's a good thing I fell asleep at halftime. The team was looking pretty good then w/ the exception of a few bonehead TO's. I think the offense stalled a little w/ Lue in there because when they had JJ/Chill/Smoove/Al/ZaZa out there, they were running. When Lue came in, they slowed it down. I was happy to see the amount of steals they got. I hope that's not just attributed to a sloppy first half by the Warriors. They need to get alot of steals to make up for the lack of size they have. This team could be alot like last year's Washington Wizards. Not alot of team size, but you just try to run the opposition out of the game and light it up from the outside.

Woodson is going to have to realise that he can't have J.J, Al, and ZaZa all on the bench at the same time. I didn't like how J.J. was used after the first quarter. He went to the bench, sat there, and never got back involved. Lue had the ball entirely too much. I agree with you guys he stalls the offense completely.

• Admin

He was brought in to be the PG, not simply a scorer. Unless that has somehow changed, after months of ballyhoo on the part of the team, he needs to play like a PG. Otherwise, start Lue, put chillz on the bench and play a 2-headed monster PG with Lue and JJ filling the role when needed.

Yeah Lue does ruin the flow. Last year we said he didn't have no one to throw the ball to. He's doing his same play this year. Hangs on to the ball way too long.

I think JJ and Al were both injured slightly, and that was the reason for finishing the 1st Half with a bench team out there.

The thing that got me the most last night was when Golden State went to the small lineup in the second half we never tried to utilize Al matched up with Dunleavy like we did in the second half. Might not have been all of Lue's fault but it seemed like he was standing at the top of the key just dribbling.

It is just one game and I really did like what I saw out of ZaZa, maybe I was upset because I stayed up until near 1 AM last night to watch us get blowed out.

I agree J.J. has to do better but if he is going to play the point then Woodson has to leave him there. He can't play the point for 3 minutes and then send Lue in there to completly take the ball out of J.J.'s hands. I liked our rotation with the forward spots with Josh, Marvin, and Al but I didn't like our guard rotations.

Huge disappointments first game: Woodson, Stoudamire, & Childress

Why in the heck does Woodson have two rookies (MW & SS) in there to try and answer the Warriors run in the 3rd?

The fact of the matter is Montgomery made adjustments at halftime and Woodson didn't. Golden State starting spreading the court on the offensive end and moved the ball around for open 3s.

When Baron hurts himself on the fast break, no one has the presence of mind to isolate him and go after him. Woodson, hello? Oh never mind, just rest your head on your hand with that disappointed look on the bench that is sending wonderful messages to your team.

We did do a good job of attacking the rim on the offensive end... Just couldn't finish a lot of the time...

Is Josh Smith now in love with his outside jumper? Is he not going to attack the rim anymore?

Substitution patterns are just way off right now in my opinion and is understandable early on... I sure hope Woodson is only around to suffer through the rebuilding stage and that we get a real coach when these young players have some years under their belt...

I agree about Woodson.. He's already showing signs of

making some of the season mistakes that a Lon would

make. Why can't the Hawks hire a good vet coach that

actually has experience in winning anymore??? Going

after the 3 type of coaches that the team has the last

6 years are moves made by bad leadership.

I just know the 3's and that troll Fisher were going to

go after sooner or later. Could just feel it.

The backcourt doesn't seem to have the ability to defend

explosive backcourts. Yes, you aren't going to run into

a Davis/Richardson combo all that often, but still... They

need to be able to do better than that.

I figured the Hawks would win if Richardson didn't play

and lose if he did... I do think Atlanta would have stood

alot better chance of Richardson didn't play.

And no The Hawks aren't better than the Warriors.

• Premium Member

I think this may eventually have to be the gameplan.

I suspect teams will clog up the passing lanes and dare Chillz to shoot. Right now, I don't know if he can. Chillz is smart though. He passed up a whole lot of wide open shots that he probably couldn't hit anyway.

I think JJ is prolly a decent PG, but he's a really good SG. Eventually, we will have to consider either benching Smoove or Chillz and getting a PG on the floor with JJ. I was thinking that Delk was going to play. Had he played, we would have won!

Our second squad did nothing but give up points and not score.

Somebody was right about Woody.. You can't sit the big three at the same time. Nobody else really knows how to create for themselves except LUE and that's a bad deal!