• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Should Salim Start?

WhoJoshSmith

although I do remember that JoshSmithSkuzzlebuttFan wasnt too happy about it.

Most of us were thrilled that he was our choice. Most of us also figured that he would be picked before our 2nd round selection and I can say for certain that I never imagined he woud have lasted until our pick after the season that Arizona had.

I have no doubt that he is going to be good for a long time. He is mature beyond his years and can shoot as well as anyone in the league already. Once he learns to run an offense and break the press, he will be very hard to take out of the starting lineup.

Salim has to learn to defend, and he's very small for a 2 guard. I don't mind him starting simply because he can shoot the lights out, but a quick leash would be in order if he's not defending properly. I would think he's a bona fide starter come the 2nd half of the season (if not before).

Quote:

I think he should because to me he is our best scorer right now. What do you all think?

Lets Go Hawks!!!!

So based on one half-way decent game he is the Hawks best scorer? Better then JJ or Al? Crazy talk.

Hopefully he can become a Vinnie Johnson/Bobby Jackson type of offense turbobooster off the bench.

Yep, that's it exactly... He'll be our Tony Delk for years to come... When we need a boost, he'll come in...

But it comes back to the Jason Terry problem as far as matchups... A small #2 out there, you almost have to have JJ out there to guard the taller 2 guard...

His defense does have a long way to go, but for now, I seem him only comin' in for stretches to open things up in the middle...