• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

THE OFFICIAL "OUR TOP 3 WORST PROBLEMS THREAD"

Wurider05

Here are my top three worst problems for the team

1. Coaching-We should have kept Stotts!! Woody seems like a better fit for a veteran team who knows how to play the game. We have had some talent on this team and people tend to focus on what a player can't do (ie JT playing point) talent is talent and it is up to the coach to bring it all together and Woody can't do that right now.

2. Too many players that are playing out of position. I mean the purpose was to have long athletic players but in my opinion skillful players should be the priority. I mean so what if you are 6'8 but if you can't defend, shoot, or rebound you might as well be 4'8.

3. We have no identity as a team. Billy Knight said that he wanted a Sacremento-Dallas type team that can run and score but yet he hires a defensive minded coach who can from a team that barely cracked 80 points some times. We might as well run, if you are going to lose you might as well look good doing it.

I think #1 & #3 are our biggest problems. Woodsen is a defensive minded coach but we don't have players other than JJ who can play any defense. This team what we have now would have worked better under Stotts because he is offensive minded.

• Moderators

We have a lot of problems but the inexcusable one is lack of toughness. How many layups are you going to give Kobe. Knock him on his ASS! We need a no layup policy. That's the quickest way to make teams not want to play us. I'm not talking about hurting people but you can foul them hard.

Quote:

1. Coaching-We should have kept Stotts!! Woody seems like a better fit for a veteran team who knows how to play the game. We have had some talent on this team and people tend to focus on what a player can't do (ie JT playing point) talent is talent and it is up to the coach to bring it all together and Woody can't do that right now.

I read somewhere recently about the defense that Detroit used when Larry Brown was there. It seemed complicated and relied on the Wallaces making the right decisions at the right times. Is it possible that Woody is trying to use this same defensive scheme. Last night's lay-up fest was kinda comical at times and made me think of this as I watched the Hawks have so much trouble rotating and finding their man. Maybe the problem with Woody is that he hasn't dumbed down the defensive scheme enough for our inexperiences players(if possible).

• Moderators

I think there that's a good point. For supposedly a 'defense-minded' coach he is doing a horrible job getting these guys to play defense. Sure they're inexperienced but they've played ball all their lives. They should at least know that when you see Kobe going to the basket LEAVE YOUR MAN and knock him down. He ain't passing.