• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FIRE MIKE WOODSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys know I have stood behind us for the last 6 losses, but now I am pissed at one thing...Mike Woodson. A great development type coach, but cant coach in game situations for his life. He costs us at least 1 or 2 games out of 7 so far, and I am sick of it. I would like to keep him around the rest of this year scince we are a team that needs developing anyways, but after that fire his ass!!

I would like to keep him as an assistant scince as I keep saying he is great with younger players, but I want a new head coach that actually gives this team something they need...experiance, which Mike Woodson dosnt have.

For those who agree with me, who would you replace Woody with?

I agree that it seems like he'll have to go before we're good, unless he shows crazy improvement over the season. I still have no clue what kind of offense we're trying to run. Seriously.

If that ever does happen, I would love to see Paul Silas. Not sure if he'd be interested

I one have 1 question..What in Woodsons time here with the Hawks tells us that he is a great developemental coach?..I see Chilz getting worse, I see NO development in Smooves game, Ivy is just as bad as he was last year, Donta still doesn't play, and Al is still the most inconsistent player I have ever seen. I just don't see any developement from any Hawk...I agree, this team needs a new coach..We need a proven NBA caliber coach..Maybe a Paul Silas type..That being said, If I was an owner BK would have alot of questions to answer..JJ is not a 1, Chilz can't play the 2, we are a team without a real pf or pg..What a mess.

it's not that woodson is bad, he is just the wrong type of coach. we dont have players like the pistons, yet he is coaching the hawks like they are like the pistons. the coach and the players have a different style. if you watched chillz in college, he was a run and gun slasher who hit open 3's.

• Admin

same post i've seen through the last 3 coaches after 10 games. Fortunately the owners of this team and the GM know that there's more to getting consistancy on the court that just saying it SHOULD be there. They know that it takes players who have the experience and will to make it happen, in spite of the pressure that the other team is putting on them to the contrary. They know that, when you don't have very much real-world talent, you have to try things to get a spark.

Woody will be our coach this season and next, and rightfully so. get used to it. You're head-in-the-sand whining and armchair coaching isn't going to change that.

• Admin

Stotts was villified around here, everyone blamed him becuase a team full of cast-offs and rookies couldn't win. But he's shown that he can coach when he has players with the experience and ability to do what he needs them to do. Woody is no different. He just doesn't have those players yet.

If I would fire anyone it would be Knight. He drafted Childress, the slowest wing player in the draft by far who can't shoot, at 6 and proclaimed him a shooting guard.

Then he brings in JJ, overpaying and giving up 2 first rounders, and insists he is a point guard.

The world inside BK's head is very different from the one the rest of us are living in.

Quote:

I say what I've always said. We will win 22-27 games this season. Despite this, there will be people who are oblivious of what it takes to win consistantly in the NBA, calling for Woody to be fired. Heck, they are already doing it...

I agree. I was saying 25 +/-5 this summer. I think there is no risk of Woody being fired during this season. However, if we still look this confused by the end of the season, I think he might be replaced. I am fine with losing. This year is about building chemistry, confidence, and a system. But in over a year, I have yet to gain any insight on how Woody wants to run the offense. We mostly appear to

have no gameplan, just go out there and do your best. I can live with that in the short run as we are still trying to figure out our starting lineup and rotation, but in the long run we need to know what we're doing by the end of the season, and we need to see progress both individually and collectively. He also needs to stop making flat out mistakes as a coach (particularly in his timeouts / substitutions). I think that can happen. But if not, I think he is a candidate for getting fired next offseason or during the 06-07 season

But as you, I am willing to wait. Hell I predicted 9-32 for the first half of the season and it's looking like that's the kind of numbers we might be looking at.

I don't believe Woodson feels like he gets a pass this year and I don't think the owners think he deserves a pass. He got that last year on a team with less talent in year 1 of the rebuild.

Bob Neal was on 790 the Zone with Doug Stewart and he seemed to feel like Woody would get canned unless the team showed marked improvement by February, because the offense doesn't seem to fit the personnel and the team might not have the mental ability as of yet to comprehend the complex defense Woody brought over from Detroit, Also Smoove and Childress appear to have regressed , part of that being confidence and the other part not knowing roles, which starts at the top, with coaching.

• Admin

He theorized that it "could" happen. But he said he didn't feel the owners would do it because 1. it's counterproductive to just rip down something before you've really even started rebuilding it. and 2. the personel on the team just isn't good enough yet to expect too much.

Also, let me pose these questions..

1. What kind of role can you give to a string bean swingman who isn't a great shooter yet, isn't that quick off the dribble and can't post anyone up or guard the post.

2. What kind of role can you give a tweener forward who is technically too short to be a PF and doesn't have the natural shooting ability to be a SF.

3. What kind of roles can you expect for anyone on the team, when you don't have a floor leader who can find his players when they are in the position to be the most successful?

We only have two players who are capable of creating their own shots. We don't have anyone who is capable of consistantly setting up the guys who can't. Until you have that, you don't have ANY consistancy or set roles. It will take time for JJ to become comfortable setting other guys up and learning how to play that position again, against NBA defenses.