Re: Dragitoff's trade...

y2kenta

Atlanta gets

Andre Miller

Nene Hillario

Denver gets

Josh Childress

Al Harrington

Now that's a trade that is very beneficial to both teams and could make us a lot better while staying young. Salaries nearly match and the trade fills needs for both teams. We may have to include a 2nd rounder to really swing DEN.

Andre Miller:

He's only 29 years old. One of the top all-around point guards in the league and he is a great playmaker who makes the whole team better. We definately need that and we can't get no better than Andre Miller at PG.

A Miller + JJ starting backcourt!!! Whoa.

Nene:

Just an athletic beast when healthy. He plays hard and very aggressive most of the time and is tall and strong enough to play center at 6'11/ 265. Even though he is injured for the year, he and Zaza would make us very strong and tough inside next year. A huge difference in what we have now and well worth the wait.

C - Zaza/ Edwards

PF - Nene/ Marvin/ Batista (needs -> NBDL)

SF - Smoove/ Donta

SG - JJ/ Salim

PG - Miller/ Lue/ Ivey (needs -> NBDL)

Looks like a 2006-07 playoff team to me. Let's make it happen.

The above trade gives us the ability to:

- give Marvin and Salim plenty of miutes to develop much more easily, without the pressures of starting either (even though Salim may could handle it)

- let JJ play next to a pure PG once again

- allow Salim to play off the bench much like Ben Gordon did in CHI last year

- draft the best player this year without a need for multiple players/ we could focus on a shotblocker inside to develop behind Zaza and Nene, and so much more...

• Premium Member

We take Denver's starting PG/SG and quality Big man and we give them back Al (in the last year of his contract) and Chillz.

First off, where does Al play? Do they bench Mello or Kmart??

Secondly...

What are they getting out of this deal?

Despite having the Earl's, Miller has been very solid... In fact, so solid, I don't think they'd be good without him... So how does Childress help? I don't think that Childress could beat out DJ right now.

• Admin

wow, when I proposed this trade a month ago I nearly had my head ripped off.

For Diesel: As far as why Denver would do it...

They need front court depth and Al gives them that. Kmart and Camby are both injury prone and with Nene out for the season they need someone who can come and play that role of 6th man and start when Kmart is injured. Plus he can play both SF and PF which is something they need.

They have three point guards who deserve to play. However, they need a sg (Vo Leanard is one dimensional and not getting any younger). Chilz may fine his way back in their system and with Watson and Boykins it offsets the loss of Miller and his contract. Both Al and Chidress would be a good fit for Denver.

We now have a first rate point guard and our Big man for next year since we own Nene's rights. We can match any offer and worst case scenerio if he wants to leave we can do a S-n-T and get something of need in return.

So for this year it will start Smith full time at PF and Marvin at SF. With consistent minutes the guys may start to flourish. It also means Batista needs to step it up.

I think we should also throw in Delk for Najera.

This gives Denver more cap relief if they do not want to resign Al or gives them more money to sign him when Delk comes off the books. Najera would be a good fit here and he is a hard worker who can backup all front court positions. He has played center in the past if you are wondering. I wanted this trade before and I still want it now. This will be a good step to turning the Hawks around.

Remember, I didn't say this is a deal they should definitely do, I did it on NBA Live and wondered if the deal would work in the real world. Here's my argument fr Denver to pull the trigger. Nene's also in the final year of a contract as well as coming off a serious injury, but this trade gives Denver a ton of depth. This gives them depth behind Melo and K-Mart at the forward positions. I'm sure Al can't be thrilled about going back to the 6th man position, but I really wonder if he'd rather be a starter for the Hawks or the 6th man for a playoff team? If Josh comes around, it would also give them depth at the SG position. Denver has 3 PG's that could be starting for alot of NBA teams, so this also clears a mini-logjam they currently have. I guarantee you either Miller, Boykins, or Watson will be traded because Watson is getting no playing time right now.

• Premium Member

I think like Many others, you overestimate Watson's ability. Watson got to Denver and proved what Memphis front offices knew. Watson is turnover prone. and he gets pushed around on defense.

Still, back to the trade.

Denver would really only get Harrington as a rental and Childress for Miller and Nene. Even injured, Nene' can get them more in a SNT at the end of the season. Moreover, when it's all over, all Denver gets is Childress. A Miller for Childress trade is advantage Atlanta. Harrington will not Stay in Denver to be a BU. If BK could make this trade Happen, he would automatically when Executive of the year. Regardless of how bad he has drafted.

Quote:

I'm sure Al can't be thrilled about going back to the 6th man position, but I really wonder if he'd rather be a starter for the Hawks or the 6th man for a playoff team?

Al came from the championship caliper Pacers...and it was well known he preferred to start, and be the leader of a team.

He certainly has that chance here, but you kinda' wonder if his mentality hasn't changed a little. I'm sure the thought has crossed his mind whether that was the right decision or not. Maybe not. Al's a good guy, and I certainly wouldn't hold it against him if he would prefer playing off the bench for a good team vs. starting for a bad one.

I would love for this trade to go down. This is the most sensible trade offer involving the hawks right now. It helps both teams out. I think the risk is equal on both sides as far as will Harrington sign with Den/How's Nene's health & will he resign.

Contraire to popular believe... Miller seems to be the odd man out. They seem like like both the earls over keeping him(contract-wise). I think that if the deal was to go down.. including delk would have to be a sure thing, so that they would have that extra cap space to resign Harrington or go after whoever they might be interested in FA

i wanted this trade to happen pre-season. i was freakin out when i heard rumor celts were dealin PP for these 2. dre is an ol' skool pg who doesn't care about his ppg (he doesn't/can't shoot the 3). he's smart, makes big plays and is SO underrated. surround him with our young athletes this would be a fun squad to watch. al will be gone to FA, so gettin a healthy Nene is just a bonus. nene's got plenty to offer he just needs minutes. with kmart n camby frequently hurt al would get his PT. chillz could compete with dermarr to start