• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

When is enough enough?

tmac13

How long are you guys going to be satisfied with "rebuilding" and only winning 15 games a year? Here we are again, 13 games into the season and all we can talk about is trading Al for a draft pick and hoping for good luck in the lottery..When are we ever going to have a conversation about needing a win to better our playoff hopes, when are we going to talk about basketball games again instead of conceding the fact that our season doesn't matter and looking for answers?..We are so accustomed to losing its all we expect..We are still hoping to get lucky in the lottery, haven't we learned by now that you can't count on that?..Where is the ownership?..How long can they say "we are excited about the direction the team is going in"..What the hell does that mean?..I have heard it about 20 times from various Hawks officials..How can anyone be excited to be the laughing stock of the league year in and year out? In the national media I have noticed we have changed our name..We are no longer the Atlanta Hawks, we are now known variously as the Woeful Hawks, the Dreadful Hawks, or the Pitiful Hawks..We have officially taken the Clippers place as the botton feeder of the league..Why did Joe Johnson talk so openly about wanting to come here and be "the man"?..As soon as the season starts he decides that "losing is hard to get used to"..Well Joe, you wanted to be the man, then be the man..Step your game up, take some responsibility..When is enough enough?..When do we end this mad experiment and start playing NBA basketball again?..

• Premium Member

I was happy when we went Balls to the Wall for JJ. To me, it said that we were finished with the wishing well of the draft and ready to move on to greater things. I have never seen a winning team lay all their hopes on the draft year after year... We have bought into it so much that we have coined the phrase, rebuilding through the draft... That means simply that you are losers...

Hell, opposing coaches talk better about the Hawks than the fans do. My statement is that we need to start looking to fill in our needs... That means PG and C. I don't think we should trade or ought to trade this year... Not any major players. BUt we should see what we have now and find what we need later...

BK hasn't been on the job for long. Babcock drafted poorly for years and it finally caught up to the Hawks.

When BK took the job he had a veteran, overpriced and underachieving team that was going anywhere. He decided to break that team down and start over with young players. I have no problem with that decision.

While I have disagreed with individual moves that BK has made I agree with his overall plan. He has had only had two years so far. I think the results should start showing next year. If not then he should be fired.

I feel your frustration. Before the season started the whole organization had conceded this year and started the brainwashing the fans to expect a losing year. I can't wait to see what our next major move will be. If we trade one of the people who we supoose to be building on for someone else who we are going to build on. I know the team do not have a clue and we will be in the doghouse for a long time until we do get lucky and get a stud player.

Also I am worried that JJ will soon begin to take a lot of heat from the media for his contract and role on the team and I don't think he would be able to handle the pressure. He wants the superstar benefits but won't be able to handle the things that comess along with being "The Man."

This is a similar situation to what Bulls fans are facing. We've come to realize that we are not going to be appreciably better until we get a "star" player, but no one seems to be willing to part with the pieces considered to be the "core".

In Chicago thats Hinrich, Gordon, & Deng. Unfortunately if we want to get that guy who will command a doublt team we are more than likely going to have to give up one of them along with our picks.

I see the same thing in Atlanta. No one wants to give up Josh Smith or Salim or Marvin because those are the building blocks. But if the opportunity presents itself and an established player is available wouldn't it make sense to part with the young guys? What do you guys think? Are there "untouchables" on the Hawks?

You're right....I do not think there are any untouchables but Marvin. I say that becasue I do not see BK nor the organization trade such a high pick and admit they were wrong for picking him over Paul. JJ would not go because of the craziness of his trade and they will really be the laughing stock. Everyone else is fair game....

I give BK and the Hawks through next off-season to right the ship. If they do not make legitimate efforts to put a winning team on the court beginning next season, I think the front office and coaching staff should be fired.

Realistically, the "core" of the team - JJ, Smoove, Childress, Zaza, Marvin, Salim and maybe Al should have enough experience after this year to compete. Yes they will still be young, but the front office should bring in a veteran or two who can get this team moving in the right direction.