• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Seems like Smoove's stock might be rising again

Blunt91

Josh Smith seems to have picked his game up some and is looking like the shotblocker he was last year. Even though he could be a good player we have too many holes to fill. I say we should trade Smith at the end of the season and get that extra draft pick we need so desparately. If your worried about not seeing any more dunks Marvin Williams can provide that. I think with J-Smoove out of the way it will help Marvin by giving him more PT which would help his game grow. I hate to give up a home town kid but we have holes to fill, especially at pointguard. I say draft aldrige & Rondo(with the Smoove trade) and then sign Speedy Claxton. Next year our pointguard rotation would be Claxton, Rondo, and Ivey.

Smoove is the only shotblocker this team has. He's the only thing keeping folks from driving in for the few easy layups we don't give up. ZaZa plays hard, but he's not really a shotblocker and doesn't move very fast to help out when players drive to the basket. He plays good D on his man, but that's all you can expect from him.

Quote:

Smoove is the only shotblocker this team has. He's the only thing keeping folks from driving in for the few easy layups we don't give up.

Exactly. He is ranked 8th in the league in blocks playing 26 minutes a game mostly at sf. Put him at the 4 for 35 minutes and he may challenge for the league lead. He is a perfect complement to Zaza.

don't trade smoove

he could become a perfect compliment to zaza if he plays pf

the two of them could get 18-20 rebounds per game

zaza will grow defensively, and when he messes up, smoove will be close in to help with weakside blocks

we could have 2 double-double machines at our 4/5 spot with smoove

marvin is a perfect sf...his moves, his shot, his quickness

jj is a perfect sg that can also play pg

rondo is a true pg

chill and slim are great 6/7th men

i still believe ivey can become one of the top backup pgs in the league

rondo/ivey

jj/slim

marvin/chill

smoove/?

zaza/?

we are looking toward this offseason because we are only in YEAR TWO of rebuilding...so we need another offseason to get the pieces so we can compete

this offseason we got jj/zaza/marvin/slim...a GREAT offseason

we hope that from trades/draft/summer we can add a legit pg and a backup big

we are set at 2/3/4 with jj/slim/chill/marvin/smoove/al(?)

we are good to go at starting c with zaza, especially with a defensive rebounding pf like smoove next to him

we need a starting pg (rondo?) and backup bigs (tho edwards/batman/andersen/rmorris may develop into great backup bigs in the future)

when rebuilding, u aren't looking for playoffs this year, so u are looking for summer when u can get more pieces and also because then this team will have been together for a year

think about it: our longest tenured players are chill/smoove...they have been here like 94 games...that's it...over half our team is new this summer, only having played 12 games with the hawks

and people expect wins?!?

Quote:

don't trade smoove

he could become a perfect compliment to zaza if he plays pf

the two of them could get 18-20 rebounds per game

zaza will grow defensively, and when he messes up, smoove will be close in to help with weakside blocks

we could have 2 double-double machines at our 4/5 spot with smoove

marvin is a perfect sf...his moves, his shot, his quickness

jj is a perfect sg that can also play pg

rondo is a true pg

chill and slim are great 6/7th men

i still believe ivey can become one of the top backup pgs in the league

rondo/ivey

jj/slim

marvin/chill

smoove/?

zaza/?

Aren't Al and Zaza already averaging 18 boards a game combined?

And please don't confuse the fact that Smoove can block shots with him being a good defender. Obviously he has some potential to be a good defensive player based on his athletic abilities alone, but until he learns about hard work, toughness, positioning and team play he will remain a below average defender.

But I agree, don't trade him for another draft pick. Just pick the best point guard available - Rondo, Gibson, whomever.

We aren't going to draft a Pointguard with a top 5pick. None of those guys Gibson,Rondo or Brewer are worth being drafted that high. Futhermore I never said a top 10pick for Josh Smit. If we could get a 15thpick for him that would be fine a dandy. Josh Smith has no post up game and therefore will NEVER BE A POWERFORWARD!!!

Quote:

We aren't going to draft a Pointguard with a top 5pick. None of those guys Gibson,Rondo or Brewer are worth being drafted that high. Futhermore I never said a top 10pick for Josh Smit. If we could get a 15thpick for him that would be fine a dandy. Josh Smith has no post up game and therefore will NEVER BE A POWERFORWARD!!!

I disagree in that I HOPE the Hawks use a top 5 pick on a point guard. There does not seem to be any big men worth a top five pick, so outside of Rudy Gay (whom we already have four of) there is no one else. Maybe Aldridge, but no one else.