• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Available Veteran Coaches

KB21

I'm trying to get a feel of who is available and who some of you may believe is the best fit for the job.

I have an other selection where you can write in a vote, basically because I've got one more exam today and my brain is about fried.

The key is veteran coaches that are available. While some may like the idea of Kenny Smith, he's not a veteran coach.

• Premium Member

I would like to see Paul Silas. I just can't see Lenny Wilkens because if you remember he really didn't care for young players.

Paul Silas can relate to players and took the scapegoat in Cleveland.

The team just does not play together, They give more layups than a high school team.

No matter how we feel about management and the players we have, something is just not right with the coaching of this team. I happen to like Woodson. I wanted Fratello butI did no complain too much when Woody was hired.

I hate to have a coaching change in the middle of the year, but this appears to have gotten out of control and is going nowhere fast.

I've always been one that believes stability breeds success, but I was chatting with Bill Shanks about this today. We basically agree that when the apparent problems in the locker room started spilling over into the media that Mike had lost it at that point.

If he does get fired, I hope he gets another opportunity to coach in a better situation for him.

Woody has been put in a bad situation to coach his first team. I don't know if he will be a good coach with the right personnel around him or not. When news of the inner sanctuary of the lockerroom become public, it's time to find someone new who can coach and keep team business; team business.

Quote:

Woody has been put in a bad situation to coach his first team. I don't know if he will be a good coach with the right personnel around him or not. When news of the inner sanctuary of the lockerroom become public, it's time to find someone new who can coach and keep team business; team business.

I haven't heard of locker room problems. When did that come about?

Quote:

Quote:

a few games into the season, marvin got very upset after a game when he drew some heated criticism from woody inside the locker room. I think alot of people thought it was smoove, but actually it was marvin.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

a few games into the season, marvin got very upset after a game when he drew some heated criticism from woody inside the locker room. I think alot of people thought it was smoove, but actually it was marvin.

Well, at least it is good to see the kid has a pulse. He's got to assert his will more on the court.

Obviously, most that have voted on this would like to see Paul Silas brought in to get the team to the turning point. What's interesting though is that three have voted for Chuck Daly. His name is not one that has been mentioned before.

The reason I included him is a previous relationship that he and Billy Knight had. Remember that, when Vancouver made the move to bring in Billy Knight as the GM, they brought in Chuck Daly as an adivsor. Maybe the two keep in touch.

I think he's a guy who is obviously not a long term fix, but he's a professional that knows how to win. The one thing our young players need is someone that can teach them how to win. At this point, it seems like a veteran coach that has been there and gone through the battles, especially one that has won championships like Daly, is the best fit for this team. It seems that a veteran coach would maybe demand more from his players than a rookie coach would.

Quote:

Obviously, most that have voted on this would like to see Paul Silas brought in to get the team to the turning point. What's interesting though is that three have voted for Chuck Daly. His name is not one that has been mentioned before.

The reason I included him is a previous relationship that he and Billy Knight had. Remember that, when Vancouver made the move to bring in Billy Knight as the GM, they brought in Chuck Daly as an adivsor. Maybe the two keep in touch.

I think he's a guy who is obviously not a long term fix, but he's a professional that knows how to win. The one thing our young players need is someone that can teach them how to win. At this point, it seems like a veteran coach that has been there and gone through the battles, especially one that has won championships like Daly, is the best fit for this team. It seems that a veteran coach would maybe demand more from his players than a rookie coach would.

But isn't Daly pushing 80 years old? I think he may be too old to come back and take the rigors of a NBA schedule.

• Admin

we don't need either. Wilkins style isn't what this team needs and I doubt he would take it and daly is done. If he had any desire to be coaching, he would be by now. We don't need someone in here as a stop gap. IF and I say again, IF woodson is let go, we need to find someone and settle on it and stick with them. Whoever it is is going to lose just as many games as woodson has. I hope everyone here who has cried like babies that woodson needs to go, has the nuts to step up and admit that Woodson wasn't the problem either..That is..before they start calling for the next new coach.

What's the problem then?

I wasn't expecting a winning season, but I was expecting progress. On some nights, when the team is allowed to run and utilize its athleticism, they look like they could push to the turning point.

On other nights, it seems that everything slows down and they take a step backwards.

I don't believe the problem lies in the talent on the team or the way that talent was acquired. Right now, this team simply doesn't have an identity, and that is something the coach has to set.

Billy Knight is building this team to be an athletic team that can create size mismatches offensively and defensively, and the coach should be allowing the players to utlize those skills. Instead, I think Mike is trying to play them like he would the Pistons players.

...Eric Musselman. I think you'll see the classic case of a coach learning from his first job to become a well-rounded coach the next time around. I live in the Bay Area, and he really had the Warriors running on all cylinders during his time here (before they got Baron Davis and a couple of other players), but he rode the players too hard and alienated a few of them. I'm sure he has learned how hard to pull on the reins since then, and he has gotten some valuable experience as an assistant to step back and see what he could have done better. He would be my choice. Otherwise, I would go with Del Harris as a stop-gap teacher and organizer before having him hand over the reins to someone else. I don't want Lenny Wilkins or Chuck Daly, they have nothing left to offer. Paul Silas is intriguing, but I'm a little troubled that he's been fired at least 2 times now, and he couldn't make it work with LeBron?!

I'm for Lenny, cause when I became a real Hawks fan Lenny was the coach and the Hawks were really good back then, so if he comes back the Hawks will be good again, you just have to believe! smile.gif

I have I question:

On that 12-70 Clippers team the topscorer was Mike Woodson, is that our Mike Woodson? If that's him then no wonder we're losing so much, he intentionelly teaches losing so that his former Clippers team doesn't look so bad and he doesn't have to be ashamed anymore to have played for one of the worst 5 teams all-time. wink.gif