• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Harrington For Artest??? He wants to be traded!!!

Wurider05

I just read on Hoops hype that artest wants to be traded. I am thinking that trading AL for him would be beneficial to us. He can play 2-guard and had exceptional ball-handling skills and that would allow us to let JJ run point. AL already knows Indiana's system and would fit in well there since Stephen Jackson plays the 2-guard. It makes since to me. I am not sure about salary though. Maybe we could throw in Delk for draft picks or something??? Our future would look alot brighter with a fierce leader like Artest playing for us here and don't forget he can light it up offensively as well.

Artest is, without question, the superior talent but Al is liked here, our only leader and how would Ron react to losing so much? Artest seems like he would just be quiet and do his own thing all the time. It might be a good move for talent but maybe not a good message to send. I'd play Ron Artest at the 3 if we got him and Joe Johnson at the 2. Artest would improve team defense for sure and he definitely has an affordable paycheck considering his production.

Ivey / JJ / Artest / Smith / Pachulia

That would be a good defensive club I think.

Lue / Salim / Childress / Marvin / Edwards off the bench.

But back to the point, I wouldn't trade Al unless he wanted to go back.

• Admin

Artest is a moron, idiot, lackwit, dullard.. any word you can come up with to let people know that this guy is short on the ole gray matter. Instead of putting his record label in his hair, he should shave in "I'm a dumbass" in there so that anyone who isn't sure, will know.

He has been a model citizen this year so far. He stated that he wants a fresh start because he has done too much to go on in Indianapolis and that the team would be better off without him. Go over to hoops hype and read the article. It was interesting to say the least.

I would still try to work out a three-way with Indiana and New York. or a four-way with Denver added.

Artest to NY, Harrington to Ind., Frye and Marbury to us?

Or, Artest to NY, Harrington to Ind., Frye and Andre Miller to us, QRich, Lee, and Lue to Denver.

I like Artest and I think it would be absolutely nuts to not want him. He is an oustanding talent and a hard worker. I think the "player hating " faction is just mad at him for blowing a fuse at that game a year ago. I don't think that Artest is a bad teammate at all. Personally I wouldn't mind getting Artest.

• Admin

Quote:

I don't think that Artest is a bad teammate at all.

There's more to being a good teammate than showing up to practice and not being a d*ck to your teammates. Not losing your temper over stupid stuff and costing your team points/games would be tops on that list. Despite his talent, Artest has done nothing to justify people making excuses for him.

he doesn't have a tech this year ( I don't think).

yeah, he can sometimes be a prima dona, calling attention to himself and his damned record label...but listen to Reggie, who's called it like it is all season...he cites artest as being a great teammate and a fantastic lockerroom presence...it's outside the lockerroom thathis mouth gets him in trouble.

ATL Recieves: Stromile Swift/David Harrison/M. Norris

HOU Recieves: Artest/Tony Delk

IND Recieves: Al Harrington/Donta Smith

RealGM Trade ID: 2699359

Houston is desperate, so they would do it.

There really aren't many options out there for them.

This move would make them a playoff team, and save their season.

Indiana gets a player they already know, who won't cause any headaches, and if it turns out that they can't re-sign him in the off-season, they can trade him at the deadline.

We get more young talent.

Stromile has been a disappointment so far in Houston, and David Harrison after having a good rookie season has disappeared since then.

To get a 7-footer, and one of the best around the basket finishers in the league, who both can play the 5 spot, for Harrington is awesome. Moochie Norris would also provide a little veteran leadership.

Even if we didn't win another game, Swift and Smoove would certainly be worth the price of admission.

You don't know Ron Artest AT ALL...therefore I wouldn't make judgemental statements like that...what qualifies you to label someone in such a negative way???

I think he'd be a good fit on this team...because he has a defense first mentality and no one works harder then Ron Artest..from that standpoint he'd be a great roll model for our young guys!