• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bulls trade partner?

codyatl

I read on espn that a Chitown beat writer stated that the bulls should look at sending the 1st rd pick owed to them by the Knicks for harrington. Not so sure I would want another rookie around here but it does open some options. maybe trading both picks to detroit for wallace(ben).

Quote:

That is odd since Chicago will be way under the cap and be able to easily sign him in the offseason.

They spent all that money on Chandler in the off-season and it seems like they might have took a big hit on the Cap and may still need a big man this off-season

I am not sure on the numbers but they have to be careful because Chandler took a chunk out of the payroll and he is not living up to making that kind of money. Because Al is not a big rebounder or defender it's unlikely they will go after him. They will need a PF who can bring a lot more to the table than scoring.

• Premium Member

Many of you guys are looking at money statistics that don't take into consideration Tyson Chandler... Chandler signed a 6 yr 63 million dollar deal with the bulls.

That's going to be a lot of money that you didn't consider. Something like 9 million.

The Bulls will be under the cap but not that far under. They only have room for one free agent and Peja has made it plain that he wants either Chicago or Indy...

I think they take Peja.

• Premium Member

Put these in your calculator:

Chandler = 9.34

Gordon = 3.86

Harrington = 3.54

Nocioni = 3.06

Duhon = 3.02

Hinrich = 3.19

Deng = 2.61

Sweetney = 2.70

Allen = 1.80

Basden = 0.74

You should get 33.86M. (I think Allen's contract is non-guaranteed, but let's keep it just for kicks).

They have plenty of money, and need Peja less than they need Al.

• Premium Member

What about Songalia..

That's about 2.4 more...

By my back of the envelop, that's about 36.2 million.

That being the case. Working with a cap of 50.9 million projected...

Leaves about 14.7 million.

Definitely not the 18 million you guys were saying. Moreover, not enough for 2 big signings...