• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN insider rumor

emeans

Quote:

Sources tell the New York Post that Hawks GM Billy Knight is in hurry to move Al Harrington, his rising free agent. And that the Sonics for all intents and purposes have bailed out of the bidding for Artest when they refused to include Nick Collison in any deal.

Something is definately in the works and it may happen soon.

• Admin

I think you have an example of writers taking liberties with established rumors. Everyone knows that the rumor is out there about Al being involved in deals to move Artest. So this writer throws in something about BK being "in a hurry" to get something done, even though it really doesn't mean anything. It's just creating writing on his part.

• Premium Member

BK IN A HURRY??

When?

Bk has never been in a hurry for nothing. I bet that man tells his doctor to take it slow on the prostate exam.

Seriously though.. BK is never hurried. Remember JT? He waited so long with JT that JT began to put lies out about Utah..

Remember every off-season that BK has been GM. We'd have needs and it would seem like the last week before training camp before BK would try to address them. I mean, how long did Lue have to wait?

Yeah.. BK in a hurry to make a move... SURE. RIGHT...

The following quote was taken from Vescey's column in the Post:

Quote:

Sources say Hawk GM Billy Knight is in hurry to move his rising free agent. That's true more than ever now that Atlanta has won four out of five and appears to be playing unselfishly. A Sonic source says Seattle, for all intents and purposes, bailed out of the bidding for Artest when it categorically declined to stuff Nick Collison in the stocking.

If you read the whole paragraph, it is CLEAR that the word "no" should have been included between "in" and "hurry" and should have read "GM Billy Knight is in no hurry to move his rising free agent." Saying "in hurry" is not gramatically correct and does not make sense in the context of the paragraph. Read the second sentence in the quote and it is clear that Vescey is saying that BK is in no hurry to move Al because the team has won 4 out 5 and is playing unselfishly. When I read that this morning, I KNEW this would get misinterpreted by some folks but man, you guys are taking this for a ride!