• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How's this for a Blockbuster?

Diesel

• Premium Member

NY gets: Artest, Bender, Harrison, Pollard, Delk, Lue, and Johnson

Indy gets: Harrington and Davis

Atlanta gets: Marbury and Frye

I think Indy does it because it gives them Salary cap room to re-sign Al and go after other players.

I think NY does it basically because LB and Marbury are not mixing. So it gets them out of that contract.

The question is would Atlanta do it?

I'll go on record and say it right now:

Marbury/Frye is much better than Watson/Nene.

• Premium Member

Blockbuster is right - the place where you rent video games that allow you to make silly trades like this one.

First of all, NY can't take on 7 players and only send out 3, nor would Atlanta and Indiana send out 4 players to only receive two in return.

Second of all, have you ever heard of the salary cap?

And, of course, Marbury/Frye is much better than Nene/Watson. But neither of those Knicks are on the block.

• Premium Member

Before you throw stones at it, give it a whiz...

I know the plan works with Granger instead of Harrison under the cap, hell, they almost overlap to the dime. I traded in Harrison because I think NY would want more from trading Frye and Harrison is a good prospect.

Secondly...

Delk and Bender can be released immediately. Bender has already stated that he wants to retire. But many teams do uneven trades.

Lastly.

The talent swap is fair.

You got: Artest, Granger, Lue, and Johnson going to NY for Marbury.

You got: Al, Lue, and Delk going to NY for Mabury and Frye.

You got Al and Davis going to Indy for Artest Granger, and Johnson.

That's the material trade. Everything else is just to make the cap work.

This is a impossible trade but.....

I will go to the bottom line of what the Hawks will get in this trade. As much as I like Marbury, because he is a ex-yellowjacket, he has not proven in the years in the NBA he can make a team better. He has pretty much alienated his teammates throughout the years. We need a pure pg who looks to get thewhole team involved instead of a shoot first pg.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Before you throw stones at it, give it a whiz...

How about a wizz? wink.gif

Frye, Marbury, JJ, and Harrison aren't on the block. Teams aren't going to trade them just for the other players mentioned.

Quote:

Delk and Bender can be released immediately. Bender has already stated that he wants to retire. But many teams do uneven trades.

Not 7 to 3.

And Bender is still on the books for another year...Even if he retires, he can only come off the cap if he stays in Indiana. (A rule added in the new CBA to prevent trades like the one for Jamal Mashburn).

Quote:

The talent swap is fair.

Not going to argue that, because unless it works under the rules of the CBA, it's moot.

• Premium Member

In order to get rid of Marbury, they have to give up Frye...

You know where the idea hit me. I was reading past accounts and during the time when people were saying Marbury to Atlanta, Harrington to NY... BK said that he would not deal with NY unless Frye was involved. Then Isiah said Frye was untouchable.

Well. I think Brown would love to get rid of Marbury. Hell, I think he has wanted that since he took the job.

I would love for us to have Frye.

Think:

Marbury, JJ, Marvin, Smoove, Frye.... Or something like that.

If Marbury messes that up, he can be traded for nicknacks... We just want Frye. However, I think Marbury will conform being that he has a good ball handling 2 playing with him.

He'd just come to Atlanta and do the same crap he's always done, and it has already been proven that teams simply aren't willing to take on his contract. If you would do this deal for Atlanta, then you would be strapping Atlanta with a very bad contract for a player that is all about himself.