• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NEW Espn Article w/ mention of Marvin Williams

DeacKillsaDevil

Quote:

I don't remember seeing anyone outside of Chad Ford lauding Darko Milicic as the #2 player in that draft.

Like I said though. Many of you are going to act like you never criticized Marvin when he's putting up 24-25 PPG, 8-9 RPG, 3-4 APG, while shooting a high percentage from the field and behind the arc, getting to the free throw line and shooting a high percentage, and playing lock down man up defense.

Marvin Williams will be a top 10 NBA player in 2-3 years. Chris Paul won't be. That's why taking Marvin was better than taking Chris Paul, not to mention the fact that Paul doesn't fit what the Hawks want.

Looks like someone serviously overdosed on the Kool Aid.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I don't remember seeing anyone outside of Chad Ford lauding Darko Milicic as the #2 player in that draft.

Like I said though. Many of you are going to act like you never criticized Marvin when he's putting up 24-25 PPG, 8-9 RPG, 3-4 APG, while shooting a high percentage from the field and behind the arc, getting to the free throw line and shooting a high percentage, and playing lock down man up defense.

Marvin Williams will be a top 10 NBA player in 2-3 years. Chris Paul won't be. That's why taking Marvin was better than taking Chris Paul, not to mention the fact that Paul doesn't fit what the Hawks want.

I missed commenting on this back in my lurking days without an account on here...but LOL, that may be one of the dumbest comments ever. I'm not really a critic of Marvin, but to say that Chris Paul won't be a top 10 player in the NBA in the next 2-3 years is just dumb.

Quote:

Quote:

I missed commenting on this back in my lurking days without an account on here...but LOL, that may be one of the dumbest comments ever. I'm not really a critic of Marvin, but to say that Chris Paul won't be a top 10 player in the NBA in the next 2-3 years is just dumb.

Yeah I remember reading that as well back then when I was a locked out lurker...

Going out on a limb for a guy who couldn't beat out the likes of Reshawn Terry and Jawad Williams for a starting job.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah I remember reading that as well back then when I was a locked out lurker...

Going out on a limb for a guy who couldn't beat out the likes of Reshawn Terry and Jawad Williams for a starting job. um Reshawn Terry didn't start.Their starting 5 was:

PG:Raymond Felton

SG:Jackie Manuel

SF:Rashad McCants

PF:Jawad Williams

C:Sean May

Marvin was the 6th man

unless Terry was hurt then

Quote:

If you're going to bring up every draft prognosticator as if they're on your side, you should at least acknowledge that the vast majority have since changed their mind and said we should probably have gotten Paul.

Point is if Marvin Williams was projected that high, how can BK honestly be bashed if it's a hindsight move?

The media is a bunch of tools who want the Hawks to forever be laughing stock of league. Too bad we're on the rise.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Well then. I guess I and every draft prognosticator that is out there is just wrong about Marvin Williams. Marvin was rated no lower than 2nd on EVERY draft board, and he was #1 on most. I guess we are just wrong about him since, as a 19 year old, he hasn't come out and immediately averaged 20 points per game and 10 rebounds per game.

Yes you were wrong, whoever ("consensus bullshit my ass...they were cutting and pasting each other's reviews of players") fell for the MW train was wrong, AND I AND OTHERS TOLD YOU EXACTLY WHY and have been proven right about why.

You take a guy whose HS team had a losing record with him as a senior, sprinkle in being the 6th best HS prospect (not 1st or 2nd, but 6th!!!!) his senior year, a freshman college year in which he didn't start, compiled his stats often against BUs, and had hands of stone in big games, coming into the biggest job interview of anyone's life OUT OF GD SHAPE, stating he doesn't really like watching the sport of basketball, and being so low key the word "superstar" flies over him without him even taking notice.

I watched at least 15 UNC basketball games that year and told you why NOT to draft MW ahead of either Deron or Paul. I didn't even like Paul that much but at least knew to take him over MW.

W