• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Texas won!

joannes3000

Thank God. I'm up to my neck in Pac-10 fans up here and I never stop slamming USC or anyone else in the Pac-10 for not being in a real football conference. Glad to see Texas was able to step up and handle business, and hopefully all this dynasty talk (and let's face it, USC was NOT on the verge of a threepeat, seeing as how they split with Auburn) will stop.

I give credit to USC for being a great team in an otherwise lackluster conference, but watching ESPN hype them up as on of the greatest of all time (with only the 2001 Miami team beating them in polls) was sickening on top of all the fanfare I have up here.

Congrats one more time for Texas and here's to a successful 06/07 for UGA!

Great game. I was rooting for Texas but they sure got away with one when they didnt review their 2nd touchdown there the ball was pitched back at the 5 then run in for a touchdown, the guys knee was down. They reviewed every other questionable play, but I guess they kicked the PAT before anyone made a decision.

• Moderators

You got that right, Kudzu. I would not have been surprised to see them end up with a touchdown anyway with a 1st and goal situation, though.

I am happy that all the dumbass ESPN commentators who have been hyping USC to death and saying things like that the Penn State team with Kerry Collins, Bobby Engram and Kijana Carter couldn't have dreamed of playing with USC, etc. etc. will now shut up about the 2005 USC team being "just a much more talented team" than some of the best in college football history. It takes a game like this to burst that kind of bubble. The fact is, USC was better last year than this year.

This reminded me a bit of when Ohio State knocked off Miami which was also a great game.

is FULLY CAPABLE of winning the BIG GAME?

theres alotta critics out there who believe that a scrambling QB (ex- Mike Vick) will never win you THE BIG GAME. Well, i think YOUNG just proved that these special QBs are just as capable of winning the big game like the drop back QBs.

• Moderators

To be fair, though, scrambling QBs have been succeeding in college for years. It is the pros where the defenses have more speed (and thus no real option offense works there, etc.) where the question exists.

It was mentioned on the radio this other day after this game...what if Atlanta abandoned the WCO and put Vick in a spread offense?

Granted, it wouldn't be anything close to what Young played in at Texas, since no NFL QB (and especially not Vick) can run the option or QB draw seemingly every 3rd play.

Still, it's rather obvious that Vick works best in space. Of course, Atlanta would have to get much, much better on the OL for this to work, since teams would blitz relentlessly.

Probably wouldn't work too well and I doubt we'd ever see it...but, hey, just a thought.

Quote:

is FULLY CAPABLE of winning the BIG GAME?

theres alotta critics out there who believe that a scrambling QB (ex- Mike Vick) will never win you THE BIG GAME. Well, i think YOUNG just proved that these special QBs are just as capable of winning the big game like the drop back QBs.

The most easily forgotten stat is that Vince Young actually had the highest qb rating of all players eligible this year. So he is a true double threat, as he showed in the Rose Bowl with 200+ yards running AND passing.