• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ho hum, another night, another PG has career night

Admin

CP is no doubt their best player..David West isn't far behind. That kid has some special talent. KB has to be on something to say JR is the best...I don't think he is even as good as grizzled old vet PJ Brown yet. I think that NOK has talent and CP is their most talented player, but not far and away. They have a more solid front court than the Hawks have defensively

and Speedy Claxton could start on some teams at PG, they don't lose that much when CP goes to the bench.

New Orleans doesn't have another player on that team that has the ability and potential that J.R. Smith has. J.R. is a young Vince Carter with his athleticism, size, and ability to shoot the basketball. By the time he's 21 years old, he will be a true scoring threat in the NBA. He's only 19 right now.

If I had to take one player off that New Orleans team and bring him to the Hawks, it would be J.R. Smith.

Quote:

New Orleans doesn't have another player on that team that has the ability and potential that J.R. Smith has. J.R. is a young Vince Carter with his athleticism, size, and ability to shoot the basketball. By the time he's 21 years old, he will be a true scoring threat in the NBA. He's only 19 right now.

If I had to take one player off that New Orleans team and bring him to the Hawks, it would be J.R. Smith.

JR Smith = Vince Carter = Vinsanity

IF anything, JR smith is the J. Smoove of the Western Conference.

CLEARLY the best player on that team BY FAR. It's not even close. Heck, Josh Smith MIGHT have more potential than JJ but JJ is CLEARLY the better player right now. If Marvin were averaging Paul's 16.5 ppg, 7.5 apg and 5.8 rbg, you would be DEMANDING that he be an All Star!

Guest Walter

Not even accepting Paul as their best player is ludicrious. He's not only their best player, he's the player that most makes everybody else better.

W

Chris Paul is good and makes others better, and I agree that he is their best player, but his team has more talent where it counts than the Hawks do. PJ Brown and David West are nice pieces. And his backup at PG Speedy Claxton isn't bad either (I'd much rather have him than Lue). It isn't just because of Chris Paul that NOK has more wins than the Hawks do. They have just as much or more talent overall, a more complete team, with fewer missing pieces, and a much better coach and it shows in the standings.

Quote:

Chris Paul is good and makes others better, and I agree that he is their best player, but his team has more talent where it counts than the Hawks do. PJ Brown and David West are nice pieces. And his backup at PG Speedy Claxton isn't bad either (I'd much rather have him than Lue). It isn't just because of Chris Paul that NOK has more wins than the Hawks do. They have just as much or more talent overall, a more complete team, with fewer missing pieces, and a much better coach and it shows in the standings.

So you are saying BK has not done a good job of constructing the Hawks roster?

• Premium Member

I have to disagree big time.

JJ and Al are better than any 2 players that N.O. has Period.

PJB is an old front court player, he's not making a great contribution.

It has been Paul making others better.

I don't think BK has done a poor job putting together a roster. He did what he had to do. His neglect of the PG position has been based on philosophy, and we'll see how that goes in the future. However, his inability to get a legitimate defensive front court player is because of a lack of interest by the player(Pryz) or just lack of it in the market in total. I do think that NO roster has some good players though. Now that I think about it, JJ and Al are probably better than any 2 players on their roster. This sounds like an indictment of our coach which I listed already ?

Perhaps the coaching is more the suspect than the other factors.

Thats part of our problem. JJ and Al are trying to take over thsemselves and not getting their teammates involved enough. It makes the whole team and them less effective because as they go our team goes. If they are hot together we win and if one of them is cold we lose.

I see NO playing more as a team.

Quote:

I agree all the way. They have impact big men when we do not. They have impact PG's when we do not. They have roughly the same amount of talent than we have (maybe a little more), but basically they have a cohesive team and a good coach when we do not. They also have a veteran presence when we do not. Hell just adding Speedy Claxton and PJ Brown to our team would put us close to their record.