• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tony Delk.... I just don't get it....

Spiral

It doesn't make sense to me why TD is not active. I remember reading an arcticle in the AJC not too long ago that he is playing well in practice. If the man still has gas left in the tank, why not showcase it and try to get something for him? Even if it's an expiring contract and a 2nd round pick, it's better than him wasting away on the bench. I mean, "What do we have to lose?" He is a proven scorer in the league. He can also knock down the 3 with decent consistancy. Let's do ourselves and TD a favor and make a trade to help everyone out.

These are a few trades I'd do...

Medvedenko/2nd Rounder for TD

Darko for Delk/Donta

Kandi-Man for Delk

Quote:

It doesn't make sense to me why TD is not active. I remember reading an arcticle in the AJC not too long ago that he is playing well in practice. If the man still has gas left in the tank, why not showcase it and try to get something for him? Even if it's an expiring contract and a 2nd round pick, it's better than him wasting away on the bench. I mean, "What do we have to lose?" He is a proven scorer in the league. He can also knock down the 3 with decent consistancy. Let's do ourselves and TD a favor and make a trade to help everyone out.

These are a few trades I'd do...

Medvedenko/2nd Rounder for TD

Darko for Delk/Donta

Kandi-Man for Delk

Tony should be playing. It is a mystery that only coaches and management know for sure. Anyone could help us right now and I am not sure why they are holding Tony out. Rather sad.

I wouldn't go to one guy and say, "Hey, you're not playing anymore and Tony's taking your spot." I think you work him in and try to maximize your return on him. If nothing else he can score. He's got a very moveable contract and if someone is looking for an extra offensive player, he certainly can provide that.

I think he should take Edwards' spot on the roster.

As for pt, I was thinking he would likely take minutes from TLue (mostly), Salim & Chillz to an extent. It seems Woody enjoys keeping Ivey on strict regiment of 8-12 minutes a game, so you really can't get much less than that for him.

Seems like there are a lot of things that don't add up:

***Not putting Smith in when it counts.

***what's the deal with Delk. Play him or trade him.

***You can't tell me there is NOT A SERVICABLE BIG MAN OUT THERE IN FREE AGENCY that could help us. And they pick up Thompson who is a bum.

***Batista played hard the other night, made things happen, got some rebounds and then back to the bench.

Makes me wonder if they want to lose. It makes me crazy. I keep thinking every day I'll hear: Woodson fired.

Makes you wonder who is running the ship?

I like the Muscleman idea. Peace.

is filling Delk's role on the team as a backup SG/PG. Lue was CLEARLY resigned to be the primary BU at PG and he fills that role better than Delk would or better than Salim can (at least at this point).

BK stated PLAINLY at a season ticketholder function that the team had decided to go with Salim in the SG/PG role off the bench in Lue of Delk. Period. There should be NO confusion with that. With JJ and Lue both getting minutes at PG as well as Salim and with Chillz, JJ and Salim all getting minutes at SG, there are no minutes for Delk.

I suppose Delk could get Ivey's 10 minutes a game but Ivey brings a different element to the table than anyone else on the roster while Delk duplicates what Salim does.

Trace hits it right on the money.

People act like Delk is the difference in us winning and losing some of these close games.

I'd much rather see Salim go through his growing pains as a rookie, than to play Delk spot minutes.

I mean, what would that achieve on a team in which Delk is OBVIOUSLY not part of the future plan?

• Moderators

and so we should either play him or deal him for a 2nd pick, etc. Right now he is not worth anything more than the expiring value of his contract. He does duplicte what we have in Lue and Salim so the obvious solution is to trade him away for the best deal you can find unless his value is so low that expiring cap space is better than whatever you can get for him.

i just posted about this in the other thread

and i and trace and lascar(?) have posted about this MANY times before this season

bk/woody feel that delk duplicate's slim so they went with our long-term player in slim instead of delk

they most likely aren't playing him so that slim gets as much pt as possible and also so delk doesn't get injured; therefore delk can be traded before the deadline or else he can be cut and can sign with the contender of his choice

teams know what they are getting with delk; no need to 'showcase' him and risk him getting injured and waste slim/ivey/chill pt

This is another BK move that makes absolutely no sense..First of all, we only have 11 active players on our roster, so Delk wouldn't be taking anyones spot..Next, when Lue was hurt a couple games back we played very shorthanded..If they don't want to play Delk thats fine, but not activating him is just absurd. If we are down 3 with a few seconds left, a lineup of JJ, Salim, Lue, Al and Delk would be tough to defense..Its about having the best team possible to try to win games..If Delk got alot of DNP's then so be it, but there are times he could be useful..Finally, if other teams could see him play they might be more inclined to make us an offer..BK is an idiot, treating a fairly well respected veteran player like this will not exactly enhance his reputation as someone you would want to play for.

Well during last season I felt Billy Knight should be able to trade Tony for a late first round pick. Some teams just don’t want their picks or they would be willing to give their late first rounder up for a player like Tony to come off their bench during their playoff run. I was over the first round pick and felt Billy Knight should at least be able to trade him for a second round pick.

I still feel the same, but no, Billy Knight will just let him walk during the offseason, and we will be left with nothing.

I don't know why Delk is kept inactive, even when we're shorthanded. That seems to defy logic, so maybe there's some hidden reason that no one knows about with the exception of those on the inside. Maybe there are personal reasons, maybe they feel Delk has a poor attitude or doesn't try hard? It's impossible to say, it's very strange though. confused.gif

If Delk can't even break into the rotation here, what team in their right mind would deal anything for him?

Even a 2nd round pick is more valuable than Delk. Right now, even Ivey is more of a tradeable commodity than Delk.

Hawks fans need to understand that we're in a "Player Development" mode, not necessarily in a "put the best players out on the floor" mode. We're not making a playoff push with this team. It's all about giving some of our young guys valuable playing time.

And it's not like we're not trying to win. But it's more important that we win with the youngsters, than with a veteran like Delk.