• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IF we add a first rounder this trade goes.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

While thinking about changing Swift out. What if a trade of Swift for Miller went. I figure, they wouldn't need much help at SF, just a real C in Memphis.

So, what if we offered Nazr. Check out this trade Remember we add an unrestricted first:

Atlanta trades: SF Dion Glover (8.9 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.5 apg in 21.0 minutes)

PF Chris Crawford (7.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 18.7 minutes)

C Nazr Mohammed (9.7 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 26.4 minutes)

Atlanta receives: SG Shane Battier (14.4 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 2.8 apg in 39.7 minutes)

C Lorenzen Wright (12.0 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 1.0 apg in 29.1 minutes)

Change in team outlook: +0.2 ppg, +0.2 rpg, and +1.2 apg.

Memphis trades: SG Shane Battier (14.4 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 2.8 apg in 39.7 minutes)

C Lorenzen Wright (12.0 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 1.0 apg in 29.1 minutes)

Memphis receives: SF Dion Glover (8.9 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.5 apg in 55 games)

PF Chris Crawford (7.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 7 games)

C Nazr Mohammed (9.7 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 82 games)

Change in team outlook: -0.2 ppg, -0.2 rpg, and -1.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Atlanta and Memphis being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Atlanta and Memphis had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been assigned Trade ID number 790052

Talk about it on the Trade Board

Say what you want. A squad of Theo/SAR/Big Dog/Battier/JT should rule basketball or at least THE EAST. With Ren off the bench for his size and ability.

• Premium Member

If they were worried about the fan base, they would have picked up Jaunny Wagner instead of Gooden. However, they picked up a 3rd Pf... They care about winning.

This yr, they will have to give their pick up to Detroit. If we can give them a pick in the first round to replace that one, I believe that they would bite. Also, they need a dependable C. Nazr. Glover would be 1 million dollars to keep or to get rid of. I won't argue with you about CC's contract. All said though, it depends on how badly they would want our pick? I think West would like one more shot in the first round because he has Gooden, Gasol, and if he traded Swift for Miller and Miller there to make big changes in how the game is played.

I am most likely the most knowledgeable Duke Basketball fan around, so let me offer my opinion of this trade.

Shane Battier is an excellent player. He accells in all parts of the game especially the little things. This guy takes charges left and right, is practically impossible to score on, is a great shooter/team player/passer, etc, etc. This guy can do everything and is a great guy( I have met him and talked to him), but I do not think as of now, he could play the two very well. The one area he needs to work on in his game is shooting off of the dribble... he would have average/slightly below average ballhandling skills for a 2 in this league. Even when you consider that the Hawks have below average ballhandlers at the guard position, you without a doubt make this trade, but ONLY if we get a decent replacement for Nazr. Shane has one of the best work ethics you will ever see, and I am confident that in a year, he could be a great 2 in this leauge. Given, the fact that we would not need him to create his own shoot often, you definatly make this trade. He can do so much for us... this would be a great trade and I think we would be a team in the mold of the Kings except we would be better. Look at the matchups if this trade happens:

PG: JT vs. Bibby Edge- JT

SG- Battier vs. Christe Edge- Battier

SF- Big Dog vs. Pedjag Edge- Big Dog

PF- Reef vs. CWebb Edge- Debatable, but I will take Reef

C- Theo vs. Valde Edge- Heathly Theo, but if Theo is hurt a little about even