• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith/2nd for Okafor....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think Charlotte is at the point where they would do it. Just imagine...

Breezec/Smoove/Wallace as their frontcourt. With Felton/Morrison as their Backcourt.

I was watching tonight and I wondered... Is it Al or is it Smoove that's holding back Marvin? Then I said, Al's not playing one lick of Pf. And when Dwight was on the floor neither was Smoove.

Damn, I hate that we didn't get Howard...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I'd trade Smith for Okafor.

Tell me, why is Smith better than Okafor?

You would make a joke of a GM then trade for a player whose Hurt more then HE plays and alot older then Smith. Ill take a younger player who doesnt get hurt and has more potential then Okafor will ever. Its funny Okafor was named 2 the rookie Challege game 2 years in a row and couldnt play either year due to INJURY. NO FREAKING THANKS

• Premium Member

We have a logjam in our SF rotation.

We need a Center who is defensive.

Okafor is the best young defensive Center in the game.

How is proposing a trade for him wacky.

What's wacky is you guys who call yourselves Hawks fans but become Loyal to just ONE person over the betterment of the team. If we could get Okafor for Smith, this team would be better. I mean, what is Smith doing that warrants a lifetime pass...

The Hawks win a great game and Diesel decides to take the opportunity to post a trade for Josh Smith.

So I decided to take the opportunity to show how ignorant Diesel is. Here is a thread he started less than a month ago about the Knicks:

http://www.hawksquawk.net/forums/showflat....p;fpart=#115200

And here are some of his quotes:

Quote:

The Knicks have won their last 5 straight and they are starting to look good doing it.

They couldn't stop anyone.

Quote:

It would be a shame for all the Isiah haters to see Isiah's coach and Isiah's team winning.

Not to worry.

Quote:

In their last 5 games, they have beaten Phoenix, Washington, Dallas, Cleveland, and Seattle.

Those are teams we wish we could beat.

Moreover exodus... The one thing you don't get is that the ONLY stat that counts is the W.
How many Ws can you get?

The Knicks have won one of their last 12.

Diesel makes a big deal when Marbury misses a few games but when Indiana gets decimated by injuries, including missing Ron Artest, Diesel proclaims them a failing franchise.

Quote:

How is proposing a trade for him wacky.

I wasn't referring to this post in general, but your posts overall and your general demeanor on this board. I mean here we just won our third game in a row, for the first time in almost two years- and here you are posting an entirely unrealistic trade that will never happen? It just strikes me as very, very strange.

And Okafor's bad back will unfortunately always be a potential problem for him. The thing about having a bad back is that it almost never goes away, and there is usually no cure for it- even with something as drastic as back surgery. Usually the most you can do is try and minimize the discomfort as much as possible, pray not to aggravate it, and hope for the best.

• Premium Member

From that same thread... No need to relive it..

Quote:

ou know Ex.. I don't know how to take you?

Are you a Hawks fan or something else? I mean, I never have read a post where you really root for the Hawks to do anything. Since your first post back in Nov, you have done 3 things consistently...

1. Be Overly Critical of Al

In your very first post, you were critical of Al and started your campaign to have him traded. I think if you could you would get BK to trade Al for a bottle of Aspirin and 2 packs of Big red. Everybody knows that Al is not Artest on defense but hell, our whole team save a few people SUCK at playing defense.

2. Be Overly complimentary of Lue

Sometimes I wonder are you Lue's brother? I have never seen anyone suck up to a BU as much as you suck up to Lue. I mean we have had people here who were here to be fans of Hanno Mottola. Those people were outrageous fans because they were from his home country... However, that's nationalism. It's like rooting for Dominique when he was in Greece.. But your love for Lue is on a higher level than theirs... R U from the University of Nebraska? You said you used to live in Washington... Lue played for Washington... Are you a Lue stalker?

3. Root against the Hawks

It's funny. Whenever I mention the possibility of us getting to the playoffs, you balk. Whenever I mention us winning a game, you balk. You post daily as if we have no chance of winning anything. I'm critical.. no doubt.. But you're making the Hotlanta of 3 years ago look like a finger carrying fan of the Hawks.

The question is can we find a post where you support the Hawks outside of your campaign to criticize Al and kiss Lue's ass? Hmm??

What kind of fan are you Ex?

Quote:

If we can trade Josh Smith for Okafor then we can Trade Marvin Williams for Okafor as well. I dont see how we trade him before Marvin Williams no thanks to an injury prone player.

If Marvin is posting up same numbers next year too in more minutes then trade him , but i dont think he will.