• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al rumor

TheRedStripes

• Premium Member

Luefan, this is getting old and tired...

I point out a reference to your lame question. If I had the time or inclination, I could probably find a few more...

Let me try your game..

Name ONE time that a UFA left his bird rights behind and signed with another team and

1. He was not at odds or lowballed by the team holding his bird rights.

2. The team holding the bird rights had the money to resign him.

I'm waiting...

BTW. For your lame question, another answer:

Lo Wright.

We SNT for Lo Wright when we could have signed him outright (in our summer of dumb deals)...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is just it. Hughes didn't have any beef with management at this time of the season either. I have family there and in fact am living in Maryland now. I grew up following the bullets so it is a safe bet i know them better than you.

This so called beef is something you created to make the Hughes situation look unique when in fact it is a typical case of contract negotiations.

Look at every ufa that leaves, in almost every case the gm and player will disagree about the players value. that is common sense.

Free agents leave for a lot of different reasons, the main one being BECAUSE THEY CAN.

Basically you just created this scenario about Al and tried to pretend it is a common occurrance. In fact you can't come up with one similar scenario.

Orlando signed Hill and McGrady at the same time and in your mind that is similar to Al's situation. That just shows how twisted your mind is.

The one BIG thing that is missing from this would Chicago trade for Al now conversation is what do they get THIS year. Al would help them make the playoffs, and that is worth something (money, respect, more fans in the seats next year, etc). So just talking what Chicago could offer Al in the offseason is a reasonable discussion, it just doens't cover all the variables involved.

If Chicago wants to make some noise in the playoffs this year, they need someone in the front court. Al looks to be a good fit for them. Hence, this may tip the scales into Chicago making a trade now instead of waiting until the offseason. Just my two cents.

shu (san antonio)

hawks fan in san antonio here. Your comments about childress give me a slight glimmer of hope for the future. Any idea who we might be trading by the deadline and for what? Thanks

JOHN HOLLINGER

Don't be surprised if the Hawks stand pat. They think they can get more for Harrington in the summer, and the rest of the guys all have reasonable contracts. The only other potential trade would be for the mysteriously unused Tony Delk, but that'd be for spare change.

Gordon was the guy I wanted when we ended up with Chillz. I was praying that we would move up or that he would fall to us.

That said, I don't believe CHI would do this deal without them getting a shooter in return. Here is a question. Would you do Harrington/Salim for Gordon/Sweetney/ending contract filler?

No Salim has more upside then Sweetney. No way. When we are a perennial playoff contender Salim is going to have a huge role as one of the best 6th men in the NBA. Shooters like him are not all that easy to find where as a player like Sweetney is a dime a dozen player. It tells you something when the Bulls have a need for a power forward and he couldn't stick.

Gordon for Al is a fair trade for both parties. I would trade a second round pick before Salim though

I'd rather keep Salim than get Sweetney as well. My thought was that if I'm the Bulls' GM, I'm not trading my best 3 pt shooter without getting someone to replace him.

As for the deal being fair Salim for Al straight up, if Al were signed to a reasonable deal already, that would probably be true. As things stand now, CHI would basically be forced to resign him at a pretty high dollar amount because they couldn't afford to just let him walk and get nothing for him when they traded Gordon to get him. What would prevent us from making him a big offer to Al in the offseason if we made the trade with CHI now? We would have enough room under the cap to offer Al a deal in excess of $10M/season to start. TOR would have enough money to offer him a big deal as well.