• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons QB Vick 'a little lost'

Squawker24

"I'm a little lost right now," Vick told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. And he also said he doesn't think the team is running the West Coast offense "the way it's supposed to be done."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5317230

Questioning the coaches? Maybe not the best idea publicly, but hey his name is Vick and he can do no wrong, right?

lol it might sound drastic -- but im willing to explore trade options.

the way i see it -- all our rivals have built to beat us, and D-Day has come and gone, and i dont see what we can do to improve ourselves -- time to shop around and see what we might be able to get for Vick?

hope i dont sound too crazy?

I've had the same crazy notion also, which kills me because I love rocking my Vick jersey.

What could we get in return for Vick would be the biggest question. I think we could definitely get talent/picks in return, but like with all the discussions we have around here regarding Al, is it in our best interest to trade him?

I think our biggest offseason priority should be shoring up the run defense by getting a headhunter at safety and/or a presence to line up either across from Kerney or beside Coleman.

With that said, could we fill either of those needs by trading Vick? If not, I don't think it's a good idea. We've got a new qb coach that's versed in the WC offense and Vick has had another year in the offense as we run it. We also have a very well regarded backup in Matt Schaub that may be better off traded for the above-mentioned piece(s). ESPN the mag went as far as to annoint Schaub NEXT, along with the likes of El Presidente, Vince Young, and Michelle Wie - and on a side note, he did rip it up when Vick was out against Minny and nearly guided us to a win against the Pats so I believe there's more than just hype behind Schaub.

i dont think ur "CRAZY" but i do think its very, very unlikely!

i can see SHAQ being traded 3 more times, before Vick is traded.

just from a marketing & fan support POINT OF VIEW, i dont see the falcons trading VICK.

now that hes up there w/ PEYTON MANNING (in payroll), i dont see us trading him at all. we're commited to winning w/ him.

unless we have an absolutely HORRIBLE SEASON (ex- like 4-12) w/ a FULLY HEALTHY MIKE VICK... i dont see it happening at all.

and w/ a healthy VICK, i dont see us going 4-12 in any given season.

People, people, people?! Let's not get crazy... Trade options...Are you kidding me? Do any of you know what it was like watching/supporting this team before 2001? We haven't won a game without Michael Vick in years and in between the past 3 seasons we've only won 2.

Michael has brought us a winner, one I can actually be proud of, but he isn't the PROBLEM. Our rush defense was our un-doing. Carolina and Tampa Bay ran all over us down the stretch.

Also, if you read the original article from the AJC, Vick admits he was much more hampered by those nagging rib, hamstring, and knee injuries that it made him hesitant to stay in the pocket. Hopefully Michael will stay healthy this season and he'll return to his 2004 form(or maybe even better).

PS: Michael had a 100+ quarterback rating against Tampa in both games, we beat New Orleans in San Antonio and we slaughtered them in Atlanta. So how our "all our rivals have built to beat us" baffles me. Carolina was the only team that gave us fits and when healthy, Michael has proven he can whip them(whether it's in their SB season or an under .500 campaign), Michael will be fine and so will the birds!

Quote:

The option won't work in the NFL. That's the only offense Michael Vick will ever feel a comfort level in, because that's his mentality. He's not a quarterback. He's a glorified running back.

This kept Michael out of the Pro Bowl every starting year, how?

Mike Vick played WELL in the last pro bowl, looked like a pocket passer to me. He outplayed all his probowl QB counterparts in last year's pro bowl behind the same offensive line and with the same WRs they had. Peyton Manning has how many probowlers at WR and O-line? Thank you very much. Let Mike Vick's WRs have time to grow and give him an offensive line before you call him a glorified running back. If he tried to stay in the pocket the way Manning can or Brady can he would get KILLED.

I'm not sure Mike Vick will ever have half the offensive line Peyton Manning or Tom Brady have...the Falcons will have to get an offensive lineman for the first time in the first round in a decade to start off with.

All that is clear to me KB is that you have Vick hateritis and you don't know sh*t about football

which he has. Michael Vick is the least of the Falcons worries...the only problem is his backup might just be another really good QB. I wish him the best because he probably won't be with us, Michael Vick will, and with him we have a good chance of getting back to the Super Bowl, provided we give him the offensive line super bowl caliber teams have, like the offensive line the 98 Falcons had, the 03 04 05 Pats had, the Colts have, etc.

I know enough about football to know that Michael Vick will never be anything more than a media creation. You want to know the reason he will never be in Tom Brady's and Peyton Manning's class as a quarterback? It isn't because he doesn't have their offensive line. It's because he doesn't have their mind.

They are passers. Quarterbacks are passers, not runners. Take a look at the history of the NFL. A run first quarterback has never lead a team to the Superbowl. Donovan McNabb had to completely change his game before Philly ever made it to the Superbowl, and even though he's become more of a pocket passer, he's still one of the most inaccurate passers in the league.

The Falcons have screwed themselves by giving him that big contract. They have a better quarterback on the bench right now in Matt Schaub, who I'm hoping Atlanta will trade to Miami this offseason.

Michael Vick is hyped up by the same people that are currently hyping up Vince Young. Neither one of them are quarterbacks. They are athletes playing quarterback. That doesn't work in the NFL. I hate the politically correct media that wants to hype up a particular style of black quarterback due to their social conscious over the issue. This leaves the black quarterbacks that should be getting the hype in the dark. If the media wants to hype up a black quarterback, it should be Byron Leftwich. At least he can pass the football effectively and doesn't look to use his legs first.

Quote:

Donovan McNabb had to completely change his game before Philly ever made it to the Superbowl, and even though he's become more of a pocket passer, he's still one of the most inaccurate passers in the league.

If the media wants to hype up a black quarterback, it should be Byron Leftwich. At least he can pass the football effectively and doesn't look to use his legs first.

Wow, you are clueless. Despite playing with a sports hernia and a groin injury for most of the season McNabb still had a higher completion percent then Leftwich. In fact McNabb has had a higher completion % then Leftwich since Leftwich came in the league.

you guys are crazy if you thnk the FALCONS are ever going to trade VICK, he is working with a 1st and 2nd year reciever and lets not talk about how horrible that D (except for HALL, BROOKING and COLEMAN I was also impressed with the ROOKIES DAVIS and number 71 dont know how to spell his name) is I bet you if he had a superstar WR his stats would be much better but it's gonna take him time to grow and to say that YOUNG is nto a QB dude you are out of your mind VICK and YOUNG are revolutionzing the QB position.

Quote:

I know enough about football to know that Michael Vick will never be anything more than a media creation. You want to know the reason he will never be in Tom Brady's and Peyton Manning's class as a quarterback?

How long has Manning been in the league and what makes him so great dispite he puts up great numbers during the regular season. He chokes in the palyoffs all of the time. Vick has a better postseason win percentage than he does. If our defense was not so injured and horrible then maybe we would have made some noise in the playoffs.

Quote:

I know enough about football to know that Michael Vick will never be anything more than a media creation. You want to know the reason he will never be in Tom Brady's and Peyton Manning's class as a quarterback? It isn't because he doesn't have their offensive line. It's because he doesn't have their mind.

Last I checked everyone has different 'minds'...

So Manning won't be anything more than a media creation? The guy makes excuses for himself, and blames his offensive line(publicly) after he goes and chokes it up in his own house. The media makes excuses for him. Well he didn't have home field, he didn't have this, he didn't have that... He gets home field advantage, doesn't even play his bully the New England Patriots and still chokes!

Quote:

They are passers. Quarterbacks are passers, not runners. Take a look at the history of the NFL. A run first quarterback has never lead a team to the Superbowl. Donovan McNabb had to completely change his game before Philly ever made it to the Superbowl, and even though he's become more of a pocket passer, he's still one of the most inaccurate passers in the league.

No! Quarterbacks are SIGNAL CALLERS... They call the plays from the offensive coordinator and directs the offense! Get outside of your traditional thinking. There's no right/wrong way to play the position, so quit stereotyping...

Look at the history of the NFL? You want to know why a "run first" quarterback hasn't made it to the SuperBowl throughout the history of the NFL? BECAUSE THERE AREN'T MANY TO BEGIN WITH!!

Quote:

The Falcons have screwed themselves by giving him that big contract. They have a better quarterback on the bench right now in Matt Schaub, who I'm hoping Atlanta will trade to Miami this offseason.

Screwed themselves? Okay. Let's think this through!

[*]Before Michael Vick came the Falcons averaged 5.8 wins a season. After Michael Vick arrived the Falcons average 8 and that's including the 2003(5-11) season where he didn't even play much and when he did he went 3-1.

[*]Before Michael Vick started here, the Falcons averaged attendance was 52,000(A 74% filled clip/rate). After he's started here the attendance the Dome averages approx. 71,000(A 100% filled rate).

[*]Merchandise sales? "Driven by a playoff berth in 2002 and the immense appeal of quarterback Michael Vick, they finished seventh, their best since 1982 (fourth). Vick, injured in preseason, missed the first 12 games, but his No. 7 jersey led individual sales."

[*]The household rating for Atlanta was tremendously disappointing in 2001. And they've gotten better since. Prior to 2002 Atlanta had an average household rating of 18.2 for their local games! In 2005, week 1 against the Eagles; Atlanta had a HH RTG of almost 30.

What buffon would want to trade away the center-piece to all of that? It's asinine. Signing Michael Vick to that contract was the best desicion the Falcons have made since I became a Falcons fan over a decade ago. Of course that's how this city reacts to our superstars. We'll boo the hell out of Tom Glavine. The franchise will trade the most respected Hawk ever to put on a uniform in 'Nique, and we'll run the key to the Falcons success right out the door.

Quote:

Michael Vick is hyped up by the same people that are currently hyping up Vince Young. Neither one of them are quarterbacks. They are athletes playing quarterback. That doesn't work in the NFL. I hate the politically correct media that wants to hype up a particular style of black quarterback due to their social conscious over the issue. This leaves the black quarterbacks that should be getting the hype in the dark. If the media wants to hype up a black quarterback, it should be Byron Leftwich. At least he can pass the football effectively and doesn't look to use his legs first.

How quickly do you want me to prove both Vince Young and Michael Vick are and play the quarterback position?

It's worked for 3 years. I'll let you know where I stand once Michael actually has a season where he led the Falcons to more losses than wins(2002: 8-6-1 / 2003: 3-1 / 2004: 11-3 / 2005: 8-7). Until then I'll enjoy having my 3-Time Pro-Bowl QUARTERBACK and watching Falcons football that I can actually be some-what proud of.

PS: You can have our backup quarterback whose best game consisted of completing barely over 50%. Take him.