Hawks at Sonics 10:30pm

Popeye

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

young team had a letdown on the road. the Hawks have played horribly on the road all season, only 4 wins. They are 2 games below .500 at home...they have been playing well 4 out of the last 5 games. You were strangely silent on that, they won 4 out of 5. You only had negative spin. Seattle is a bad defensive team and a good offensive team, we held them below 100, couldn't get the offense together. Our D kept us in the game. Some the glass is half empty. This is the NBA any team can win on any given night , can't have letdowns if you want to succeed.

Part coaching, part player immaturity, part personnel.

I handle facts just fine. It's one game. We lost. We'll likely lose every game of the road trip, but I hope we don't. It's not like we were bound for the playoffs and this game knocked us out of contention. As for you, I feel you go break out the lube and rub one out everytime you find out the Hawks lost again.

Isn't Collison a decent rebounder despite being a scrub? He plays with energy and hustle and the Hawks didn't. The Hawks need to seriously address their rebounding problems. Get a bigman to rebound and 1 to block a few shots this offseason would help alot.

• Premium Member

Dude, it was just one of those nights get over it. Do you think that Detroit thought that they were sorry after losing to the hawks? No! It was Just one of those nights where Damien Wilkins hit everything he threw up and Joe Johnson coundn't throw it in the ocean. Does that make Wilkins a better player than johnson? No.

Now, am I concern about Smoove not being able to finish? Yes. Am I concern that he wasn't able to keep up with his man last night? Yes! Am I concern about his low shooting percentage? Yes! Because these are things that have plagued him throughout his young career. Am I worried about joe johnson's shooting problems tonight? no! Am I concern about Al rebounding? No! Why Because it is atypical for them and the problem could be caulked up to just a bad night.

But I was encouraged by the play of Zaza & Childress And Salim to a certain degree. Childress did it all, good defense, constant motion on offense, battled for rebounds, shot a high percentage, drove to the basket etc. Zaza was a beast underneath! They could not contain him on defense plus he rebounded well and passed well. He just looks like a player that is starting to get it. As far as Salim is concern, I thought that he played excellent defense which much improve over the previous games. he handled the ball well also. Now, does he need to work on his shot selection? Yes! Does he need to work on his point guard skills? Yes! But over all I was pleased with those 3 players. nights

I never brought up Wilkins.. B

The real disturbing part is Al getting crushed on the boards

so bad... Collison a 20MPG have 4 more offensive rebounds than Al had total. That's bad. Just bad.

It isn't untypical for Al to get crushed on the boards. He hasn't rebounded any better as a 40MPG starter than he did as a 25MPG 6th man. He's got to do better than 7RPG in 40MPG at the PF spot.

• Premium Member

Quote:

He hasn't rebounded any better as a 40MPG starter than he did as a 25MPG 6th man. He's got to do better than 7RPG in 40MPG at the PF spot.

Al is more oa a small forward than Power forward. Smoove is suppose to be the PF. Smoove is definitely now a Sm. forward! He has none of the skills required.