• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wow! Impressive performances!

KB21

Joe Johnson scores 20 points and piles up 15 assists.

Josh Smith scores 21 points on 6 of 11 shooting while grabbing 15 rebounds and blocking 3 shots.

Josh Childress comes off the bench and scores 21 points.

Royal Ivey scores 11 points on 4 of 6 shooting and plays steady defense.

Marvin Williams scores 11 points on 3 of 5 shooting, 5 of 5 from the free throw line.

Yes. It is time to let the kids run. This is a better basketball team when Marvin Williams and Josh Smith are on the floor at the same time. They are better defensively, and they are better offensively because they have a tendancy to run more when those two are in the game.

Strong road win, excellent showing all the way around.

It sucked losing Lue, but I'm very happy to see R. Ivey finally getting a chance to play, and have some success. Could be that we'll look back at the Lue injury as somewhat of a blessing in disguise, cause I really like the way Royal Ivey plays ball.

It couldn't hurt to just release him, provided we couldn't get anything for him in trade. It's just pointless keeping him around, taking up a roster space to sit on the end of bench and continue piling up DNP's.

I mean we're not even making an effort to try and get him minutes just to showcase him for any teams out there that might be interested in his services. So, maybe just releasing him is the more likely outcome.

Quote:

One possibility is that they may be holding on to Delk to include in an Al Harrington trade.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I would not be at all surprised to see them packaged together, Delk being that little extra bit of sweetener that will hopefully get us that much more in a package deal.

• Premium Member

What a decent showing.

Y'know, as much as I love JJ...I gotta say that Childress is my favorite Hawk. I watch him more than anyone else on the court and I'm always pulling for him. I don't know that he was a better pick than Iggy or Deng (who I wanted BK to draft BTW) or anyone else and time may prove that to be right or wrong.

I don't really care because neither of those guys plays for us.

What I do know is that Chill is a very good player. If he can get stronger, and with a bit more experience, man he'll be so solid. That and he has to maintain his aggression and keep taking shots.

Didn't see the game last night...wish I could have. Still, it’s great to know that we went out and played well. We are not that far away from respectability…hmmm…

[few months ago]

“Calm down…”

“Let’s not get carried away now…”

“Man, you sure are excited…sheesh, it’s only one game…”

[/few months ago]

…whatever.

Quote:

What a decent showing.

Y'know, as much as I love JJ...I gotta say that Childress is my favorite Hawk. I watch him more than anyone else on the court and I'm always pulling for him. I don't know that he was a better pick than Iggy or Deng (who I wanted BK to draft BTW) or anyone else and time may prove that to be right or wrong.

I don't really care because neither of those guys plays for us.

What I do know is that Chill is a very good player. If he can get stronger, and with a bit more experience, man he'll be so solid. That and he has to maintain his aggression and keep taking shots.

Didn't see the game last night...wish I could have. Still, it’s great to know that we went out and played well. We are not that far away from respectability…hmmm…

Thank you I was defending Chill for the past few days and the next game Chill scores 20points and grabs 7 reb including 3-3 form downtown for a guy who shoots 50% is not bad, but few people on this board say he can't shoot and they would beat him in a shotout and some other crap.

Hell no!

This isn't Isiah Thomas we are talking about here. Billy Knight wouldn't make a stupid trade like that and kill our future by adding a cap killing contract.

If we make a deal with Denver, it will be centered around Nene Hilario and probably two first round picks. There may be some added things to make it work out, but I'm thinking that this may be the deal that comes down the road.

I initially thought that it wasn't possible for us to get a pick from Denver before the 2008 season, but they get Golden State's first round pick in 2007 (not sure if there are any protections on that). So, they can deal that pick anytime, and a year after their debt with New Jersey is filled, we can get their own pick.

What a terrific all around performance. It was great to see him look for his shot and knock it down. I love the way he plays the game as well.

As for my favorite Hawk, it is already my man Marvin! I can see the talent and I think he is going to be a terrific player for us for a long time. What impresses me mose about him is his knowledge of how to play the game at such a young age. If he keeps working hard, he is going to be REALLY good on both ends of the floor.

Honestly, I like all of our guys a lot and it STILL wouldn't hurt me to see Al come back at the right price. That said, I think that realistically, we need to go ahead and pull the trigger on Al. Denver needs to go ahead and send us Nene and a protected #1 so that we can get this thing done! I like Watson but I don't know if I think he's worth the money.