• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJC has Al's picture . . . no article???????

DrReality

Alot of talk but I think we are still in the same situation as we have been, basically BK is not in a hurry. If we dont move Al this week then the next option is the sign and trade. After that we'll resign him unless a huge offer scares us away. You figure even keeping him to let somebody make an offer still helps us because that takes away some of the cap or our competitors for other free agents. And if someone makes a ridiculous offer it's almost worth it to just let them mess up there capspace and get nothing outta it.

I think we are already a slightly better team without Al on the floor. However he does give us depth, that's really what made Indiana such a threat a few years ago. Woody's substitution patterns make me assume that next year he'd still start Al unless we pick up a true PF but I'm sure gradually that Al would be moved down in minutes and to the bench, even in favor of starting Smoove and Marvin at the forwards.

BK wont just give Al away this week for a midfirst rounder and an expirer. We'll get something for Al eventually, no rush.

• Premium Member

So when you say a better draft pick, you're really saying going in the tank for the season??

I doubt BK would do that.

I think he wants a positive effect from the pickup of JJ. To end up high in the lottery again, only makes Belkin Look right regaurdless of how well JJ has played.

makes a TON of sense if we can't trade him for value. A deal like that would be very tradeable at a later date when Smoove, Marvin or whomever we draft is ready to take over at PF on a full time basis. I don't think we need to pay any more than that and I think Al may find it difficult to beat that offer on the open market.

Al is a class guy who represents this franchise very well. He plays hard and he doesn't complain. I like him. He can't be the primary go to guy on a championship team but at $8M a season, he can be a solid 2nd or strong 3rd option on a quality team.

Bottom line, if we can trade Al for a BETTER OR EQUAL vet who plays a position of need, do it. But don't trade him for a draft pick unless you plan to package that pick with something else to bring in a vet. With Smoove, Marvin, Chillz, Zaza, Salim and even JJ, we are plenty young enough.