• Raised $390 of $700 target

AK can get laid...

Lascar78

Looks like AK has a cool wife...

Quote:

Jazz Notes: Wife gives Kirilenko woman 'allowance'

By Phil Miller

The Salt Lake Tribune

Andrei Kirilenko has been granted restricted free agency - by his wife.

Masha Lopatova, a former Russian pop star who has been married to the Jazz forward for nearly six years, understands the temptation NBA players are faced with as they travel around the country for seven months a year. And she believes that forbidding something only makes it more tempting. That's why, she revealed in a story in the current issue of ESPN The Magazine,
she allows Kirilenko an "allowance" of one night per year with another woman.

"What's forbidden is always desirable.
And athletes, particularly men, are susceptible to all the things they are offered," Lopatova said before the Jazz's loss to Charlotte on Wednesday.
"It's the same way raising children - If I tell my child, 'No pizza, no pizza, no pizza,' what does he want more than anything? Pizza.

"So this is the arrangement that Andrei and I have," she said, adding, in the spirit of openness, that she does not have a reciprocal agreement with her husband. "If I know about it, it's not cheating."

Kirilenko, according to the magazine story written by Salt Lake City freelance writer Chad Nielsen, has no plans to exercise his "allowance."

"Of course it was a surprise," Kirilenko said. "I'm not planning to do anything. But she said, 'If you want to do it, you can do it.' "

Lopatova said she doesn't worry about revealing something so personal, even in conservative Salt Lake City. "Me and Andrei, we're very open people. I barely have secrets. It's not like I'm one person in Salt Lake City and a different person in Moscow. My whole life is on the surface," said Lopatova, a celebrity in Russia who has a 4-year-old son, Fedor, with the Jazz veteran. "I find that people in this country are really interested in athletes and their [families], for some reason. They don't want to know what kind of books I read, but they prefer to know what kind of underwear I wear."

Now that the not-so-secret is out, Lopatova joked in the ESPN story, "Girls will be lining up outside his hotel door."

Kirilenko expects to be back in three days

Kirilenko's back is "getting stronger, but still a little bit sore," he said Wednesday, and the injury forced him to miss his 11th game of the season.

"It's less pain than it was before [when he suffered the same injury in December], but it's weak. So all moves, like up and down, slash or run, make me weak," Kirilenko said as he arrived at the Delta Center for treatment. "In December, it was much worse. Right now I feel much stronger, but it keeps me out of any moves."

His expectation for being able to play again? "Three days, probably," Kirilenko said. The Jazz went 0-3 in December when Kirilenko's back pain first flared up, and they are now 2-9 this season without him in the lineup.

The injury wasn't the result of anything that happened on the floor during Monday's 117-108 victory over Golden State, Kirilenko said. He could feel the soreness coming on that morning, but tried to play anyway.

"I felt the weakness, so I wore [support] belt, worked with massage therapist," said Kirilenko, who played only eight minutes and took himself out of the game at halftime. "I tried to run, then I force myself to run. At end of quarter, I felt like I just couldn't move."

no wonder josh smith is patterning his game after AK, that boy has game

• Premium Member

I guess the concept of manogomy and sex only after marriage are not that important any more. So sad. I guess I am in the minority thinking that it is a problem that a married couple are okay with extramarital relations.

Quote:

I guess the concept of manogomy and sex only after marriage are not that important any more. So sad. I guess I am in the minority thinking that it is a problem that a married couple are okay with extramarital relations.

What difference does it make to you? I'm married and would never do it, but if other couples have different agreements, it's none of my business. Good for them. I mean a marriage is basically a promise between two people right? I don't see why they wouldn't set the rules of their agreement.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Am I the only person here who finds this story wildly ironic, considering Salt Lake City/Provo/Utah is the epicenter of the Mormon religion in which some believers practice polygamy?

I'm glad you said that and not me. wink.gif

But, I agree with the earlier poster. This conception of "marriage" is anything but.

Regardless, I think it's more for publicity than anything else...is everything these days?

• Moderators

Quote:

Regardless, I think it's more for publicity than anything else...is everything these days?

Me too. His wife is like the Russian equivalent of Britney Spears or Madonna. Now she gets a bunch of press laced with sex. Sounds like a winning PR strategy.

• Premium Member

The difference this makes to me is that I believe the moral fabric of our society is falling apart. I am a religious person and think that sex outside of marriage and extra-marital realtions are wrong. You do not have to agree with me just I do not have to agree with them on this subject. Sure, they can do whatever they want. It is their choice. With that said, their choice still makes a difference to me because of how prevalent this mindset is becoming in our society. That fact bothers me because I worry about how it will affect the choices people I care about might make.

Also, you decided to post this because you seem to think it was worthy to be discussed. I gave my opinion. If you don't care what difference it makes to me, why post this topic on a forum where responses are expected?