• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sprewell sues the New York Post

kudzu23

I have no idea how Spree broke his hand but it DOES matter how it happened. I don't think there's any question that the story in the Post that Spree broke his hand in a fight is the reason he was fined $250,000 and told to stay away from the team. If he did truly fall on his hand and not realize that it was seriously injured, that is a lot different than punching a wall, breaking your hand and concealing that from the team. There is no doubt that the story did CONSIDERABLE harm to his image and the fact that it was published probably cost him a lot of money in endorsements, hurt his image with the fans and put even more of a strain on his already tenuous relationship with the Knicks' management, coaches and players.

The bottom line is that I don't know what happened on Spree's boat but if he DIDN'T break his hand in a fight on his boat, I don't blame him at all for suing the newspaper because he has lost a LOT as a result of that article. On the otherhand, if he did break his hand in a fight, then he is a liar and that would make him an even bigger scumbag than the media is trying to portray him to be in my opinion.