• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bonds: Dirty As Sin

AHF

• Admin

I think the unquestioned legitimacy of his legacy ended a long time ago. Until someone can produce legit documents to back up the claims, there will always been enough people who will support him and back up his side.

If they really do have proof I hope it is solid, unquestionable proof. Becuase if there's lost of gray area and room for doubt it will only draw it out longer.

Unquestionable truth is the size of his head! His melon is gigantic!! C'mon guys, if you're taking drugs intended for race horses, for crying out loud, everything gets bigger! If you are a person who ACTUALLY believes he's not or wasn't juiced, I'm sorry, you're just plain dumb.

He's a cheater. All his records are severly tainted and should possibly be removed.

There's no way he's NOT on the juice. Just look at his body from the time he left ASU, to the time he left PIT, to today.

I'm sorry but there's only so much bulk that you can attain through workouts. But for his frame to have taken on THAT much mass, there has to be some sort of supplements being used.

Quote:

I think the unquestioned legitimacy of his legacy ended a long time ago. Until someone can produce legit documents to back up the claims, there will always been enough people who will support him and back up his side.

If they really do have proof I hope it is solid, unquestionable proof. Becuase if there's lost of gray area and room for doubt it will only draw it out longer.

I just can't stand the fact that if he were to break Aaron's record there would possibly be an asterisk by it. That's ridiculous and should never even be allowed to happen in the first place. Sure the good point has been brought up about the potential for other generations of players to have taken substances as well, but that doesn't mean we can't make a change for the good in today's game by not allowing records to be tainted further.

• Moderators

I hope he "injures" something soon and decides to retire. On when he became discredited, it was years ago for me as well. However, the only hard proof so far was him admitting to inadvertently using cream based steroids. This is much more substantive than anything we've heard before.

The circumstantial evidence, however, has long been overwhelming.

Well according to the story the guy's been taking a cocktail of various steriods, human growth hormone, and even horse drugs. Good Lord! Not to single him out though, every since Lenny "nails" Dykstra added 25 lbs of muscle in an off-season (early 80s I believe) this sort of thing has been going on in varying degrees.

I've heard a lot about him passing Ruth's record then Aaron's record. IMHO there is only one "record" right now and that is Aaron's. It would be a damn shame if that record is broken.

For "old schoolers" Ruth's home run total was set when they were playing 154 game seasons - so there will always be a place for him.

Maris' 61 should probably be reinstated too.