• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What is your opinion

rascurrein

I know you are a fellow countryman of Batista, but do you realize he is a 3rd string player?..He may get better, but right now he is a foul waiting to happen..If he played 20 minutes a game he would foul out most of the time..I only say this because every single post you write is Batista related..I am glad you are a Hawks fan, but there are 11 other guys on the team..We have had other fans dedicated to single players, but I think you are the most dedicated I can remember.

I'm just asking how should be playing. Maybe he is awfull to play in NBA and he should be out of this league.

I like the HAWKS and i am a fan since Mutombo, then searching the web i found this forum before Batista sign for this team.

My question is for those who wath the games court side if he is good enough to play in NBA. I saw some games this season but not all. so i want to know your opinion. I know what Batista could do and what he can't do, i just want your opinion.

I give my opinion of what i saw and if you take a look at my posts you will see that i was getting opinions about all of the Hawks players. But i have to talk about what i know the most. I made a post talking about differences between NBA and FIBA. I made clear my thougts about Al, the same about JJ, Donta, Chillz, Zaza, Edwards, J smith, Delk, Ivey, Marvin; and i still asking about Lang because i know nothing about him.

And just because i can't see all the games of the Hawks i will continue asking, and if you bother that there's nothing that i can do about it.

I forgot that recently i had a discussion about JJ with AHF.

I was wrong, but i wasn't about Batista.

It seems that you only read my posts when is about Batista.

If there anybody else who think the same as you, maybe i will have to make a post with al wrote, or better stop posting.

I will tell you why tonight i posted 3 about Batista.

Because you were talking about soft players. And now i will let my ego talk for me. Before the game against Miami i made a post and a poll asking about if we could win that game, and i said yes because i thought that if we put Batista in court playing as a 5 and Zaza as a 4 we could win that game. Batista was fouled out in 19, i predicted that he will be fouled out in 10 minutes, but i wanna to acomplished to put Shaq out, and while Batista was in court Shaq didn't make any FG, at least for the 1st half, i don't know for the second half.

I posted tonight about Batista because Zaza is a 4 so we need a backup, and so Edwards has less minutes than Batista and i know nothing about Lang i thing that Batista Should be playing so we could give more minutes for Zaza as a 4 and the chance to shoot from the high post. I'm just waiting to see Edwards and Lang.

If you take a look at my posts you will see that i'm asking for a 5 and arguing against those that think that we need a PG, even that if we brought a big guy maybe Batista wont be playing anymore.

And if you take a look at Marvin playing as a 4, is like somebody saids, he will be hurt.

• Admin

He's not sized like a 5 but he has the heart to play the position. The problem is that he doesn't have NBA level skill to play either at this point. Right now he's an energy guy and extra fouls. I expect him to get rebounds on par with his minutes played becuase that's usually what energy big men do. But I don't expect much more and honestly don't think he's capable of much more at this point. He has potential. But for what is, as of yet, unknown.

Tmac, not sure if this was your intention, but your post came off as sounding smug and arrogant. Even if mono exclusively posts about Batista, who cares?

It's big news for a small country like Uruguay to even have a player in the NBA. You totally flamed this guy who is just supporting his countryman. Batista works hard, and contributes what he can. The least we can do is show respect to someone from his country who wants to contribute to our discussions.

It's not like mono is posting everyday or after every game about Batista. Remember Employee8? That was the worst case of man crush for one mediocre player we have ever seen on this board.

There's nothing wrong if he wants every single one of his posts to be about Batista. Lots of people like one guy off of one team. I for one am glad we have a fan of the Hawks in another country. What was the purpose of your post anyway? To bash the guy for having a favorite player that is on our team? How dare he!

Batista is a 4. However, we only have one 5, and when he is on the bench I am fine with Batista at the 5. I love Batista's game, he just needs to learn the NBA rules better. He gets too many travels and charges. He needs to save his fouls for when he mugs people on defense.

Batista's coming along. He has value. He can't play more than 15 minutes a game right now because he's a walking foul. I think he could be the type of take-no-crap 4/5 the Hawks can use, an 8ppg/8rpg guy - but he's got to figure out how to stop mugging people.

for the record...even if he's simply here (or primarily here) for the Batista factor, he's a much more informed and diligent poster than the Hanno or Newble fans that we've had come through here.

keep up the batista posts and hawks hopes in general!

Batista will continue have ugly games.

Tonight he will have the chance to play more minutes.

The times that he played more than 10 minutes he was a great help for the team.

But my question is not about if Batista should be playing in NBA or not. I know that the results of this questions would result if him can play or not in this league.

But the reason of my post resides in that we have ZAZA playing as 5, and we have Edwards and now Lang sitting on the bench and since neither of those 2 players are playing maybe is time to proove with Batista as 5. For all of you that don't know Batista was playing a year and a half in Spain for Real Madrid. He never played for Real, he was on loan for other team, but Real hired a coach to train Batista as a 5, so he know the position.

Changing the subject, we need a trash player, and Batista is one. He wont be a star, but he was in the greatest comeback for the Hawks in the season, and he ended leader in rebounds in the game against Miami playin 19 minutes. His problems are the fouls, but if he doesn't play he wont correct this never.

Maybe he is not good enough to be in a NBA team. Nevertheless I WILL BE HERE ALLWAYS FOR THE HAWKS.